JL/JT digital gas gauge issues

TheGrendel

Has anyone had issues with their gas gauge jumping around? So today was the 2nd time I noticed this.

last week, I started my Gladiator and drove down the road. my gas light comes on and it’s reading on the red empty. I’m like that’s weird I thought I had over a 1/4 of a tank. I go about 5 miles to nearest gas station and as I am pulling in the gauge resets to 1/4 of a tank. It only needed 16 gallons to fill up.

I knew I had parked on a slope in my driveway but thought it was weird that it took so long for the gauge to read correctly.

just now I was parked completely level. I’m idling at the job site on the phone and the low fuel light chimes on.

I drive about a mile and a half. Pulling into a station it jumps to over an 1/8th of a tank and needs 17.4 gal to fill up.

WJCO

Meme King
Has anyone had issues with their gas gauge jumping around? So today was the 2nd time I noticed this.

last week, I started my Gladiator and drove down the road. my gas light comes on and it’s reading on the red empty. I’m like that’s weird I thought I had over a 1/4 of a tank. I go about 5 miles to nearest gas station and as I am pulling in the gauge resets to 1/4 of a tank. It only needed 16 gallons to fill up.

I knew I had parked on a slope in my driveway but thought it was weird that it took so long for the gauge to read correctly.

just now I was parked completely level. I’m idling at the job site on the phone and the low fuel light chimes on.

I drive about a mile and a half. Pulling into a station it jumps to over an 1/8th of a tank and needs 17.4 gal to fill up.
I have a very sloped driveway and I can have the gauge fluctuate a 1/4 tank like 10 minutes later down the straight road. I can be backing out of driveway and light comes on. Then I'll park at a store (flat ground) and when I leave, I have 1/4 tank. I don't fully rely on the gauge.

TheGrendel

I have a very sloped driveway and I can have the gauge fluctuate a 1/4 tank like 10 minutes later down the straight road. I can be backing out of driveway and light comes on. Then I'll park at a store (flat ground) and when I leave, I have 1/4 tank. I don't fully rely on the gauge.
Yea I figured the driveway did it the first time. Just thought it was pretty crazy how long it to took to reset itself.
Today didn’t make any sense. Definitely something I’m going to keep my eye on.

Top Bottom