Lean to driver side

Mtb275

As I pulled into the driveway tonight I noticed the Jeep is leaning towards the driver side. It struck me weird, because I've read about people complaint their Jeep leans to passenger side, typically because of gas tank.

So why would it be leaning to driver side? It has 3/4 tank of gas and I drove it around block and re parked it. I didn't hear anything odd on the drive. Still a lean. It is raining like crazy, so i didn't crawl under.

Wondering if anyone has any ideas of what I should look for.
IMG_2036.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

jeeeep

Hooked
also check your sway bar links and that your sway bar is locked, if one side is not locked it'll lean the loose side.

that's how I found out my driver sway bar link was bent ...was leaning to the driver side

Mtb275

I'm at a loss. Not sure what else to check.

I put it up on 4 jack stands. Loosened up all control arms. All springs look like they are seated well. I put it back on the ground and it is still leaning to drivers side. It sags about 3/4" in front and 1" in rear.

The sway bar links all look straight.

Before I torque the control arms, wandering if anyone has some idea?

blanereed

A friend of mine had a lifted dodge that did the exact same thing. Replaced the lift, leaf springs, shocks (not specifically for the lean) but after everything was replaced it still leaned... mine did the same to the passenger side, same year trucks. So I wouldn't go replacing a bunch of stuff because of it, deff check the sway bar links though, I've seen that happen. My jku leans to the passenger side, I checked everything and assume it's the gas tank as mentioned.

Mtb275

CRAP! Just figured it out. I am back to having the JKU lean to passenger side.

The track bar mount had two holes for sway bar link. I had it in the upper hole.
Just moved it to lower hole and everything is back to normal.
Image1485125671.930466.jpg
Now I have to re torque control arms.

WJCO

Meme King
Passenger side lean is pretty common, driver's side lean is not. If you have the time, I would swap the front coils side to side just to see if there's a change.

WJCO

Meme King
CRAP! Just figured it out. I am back to having the JKU lean to passenger side.

The track bar mount had two holes for sway bar link. I had it in the upper hole.
Just moved it to lower hole and everything is back to normal.

Now I have to re torque control arms.

Nice. Glad you got it figured out.

Mtb275

Passenger side lean is pretty common, driver's side lean is not. If you have the time, I would swap the front coils side to side just to see if there's a change.

Glad I figured it out, because this was going to be my next step. I was getting really frustrated, thinking I got some bad coils.

All torqued and ready to go.

JeepJeep75

On the EVO track bar bracket that is supplied with their flip kit, there are two holes (I think) on the passenger side. The lower bolt hole is to bolt the bracket to the existing swaybar tab. The upper hole in the bracket is for the swaybar link. Maybe your bracket is a bit different?

jeeeep

Hooked
almost foiled by the sway bar link!

the upper hole is actually to relocate the sway bar link higher up when you lift and or run a high steer drag link. they usually send another bracket to put on the opposite side so both links can be relocated higher up.

relocating them higher up helps keep the sway link from hitting the tie rod and or drag link causing them to flip forward and bending when you unlock the sway bar - unless you remove your links each time.

Top Bottom