Long time inactive member

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
As I said, the bed has spots it was eaten away from the inside of the rear body panel, and the rear floor pan in the cab where the seat frames bolt in look like they’re in poor condition. I could cut the bed and rear panels out, and replace them, by TiG welding them (with a bunch of breaks during the process to avoid heat distortion) or spot weld it with a MiG. Cheaper would be to buy some 18 gauge steel and see if I still have any black smithing skills. LOL

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
Thanks!
I’ve always thought that the best advice I’ve gotten on Jeeps has come from this website. Eddie and Cindy have built a gem, not to mention the YouTube videos they put out.

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
No real updates on the Scrambler. Starting a new business two years ago has eaten up a lot of my time. I also initially took a hit to the income, but that’s making its way back up closer to what I was making. I am hoping to get started. I’ve picked up two new welding machines, and will be pulling the body off. I’m really wanting to go with an extreme build with it, by throwing one tons under it (probably Super Duty axles) and toying around with turbo-diesels. Along with that is selecting transmissions, transfer cases, and axle gearing that will work. I’m going to be asking for advice here, so I hope the members drop wisdom on me.

Top Bottom