M.O.R.E Hide A Step - any good?

TerraJL

As the title suggests, are these any good? I have a 23 Rubi with the factory sliders and I don't want to replace them. I like them. However, I need something to step on and I found these during my search. Anyone have them and are they any good? I called the owner of the company and they said they are steel but not stainless and they are coated with zinc for rust protection. I kinda wish they were stainless but I imagine that would up the cost. They are already kinda pricey for what they are. Thoughts?

Thanks,

TerraJL

Last edited:
What @RESURECTIONJK said. It really depends on the wheeling you plan to do. If you are going to see some rocks I'd bet it catch and get ripped off at worst - which at that point I'd get a rocker guard with a retracting step built in if you really wanted a step.

If the Jeep is going to be used lightly then maybe it'd be a clean-ish looking solution if you want to keep the Rubi rails.

"Proudly made in the USA."

That is why it is expensive. This is in fact one of the first products I looked at, before my Jeep was even delivered. The step can be completely removed for wheeling.

it might be intended for athletically inclined people.

My CJ-5 had home-made steps made from angle brackets and a piece of wood. It was no problem when I was in my early 20's

TerraJL

ok, thanks for the info, good to know. They are not easily removed, so taking them off to wheel wouldn't be ideal

TerraJL

Has anyone purchased these? They seem to be a decent deal for the price. Or, another set that comes to mind around that price?

jeeeep

Hooked
Has anyone purchased these? They seem to be a decent deal for the price. Or, another set that comes to mind around that price?

too bad you aren't closer to Texas Fort Worth area, I've got a set of LOD JLU sliders that I'd sell for $550
LOD_rails.jpg

craigger

As the title suggests, are these any good? I have a 23 Rubi with the factory sliders and I don't want to replace them. I like them. However, I need something to step on and I found these during my search. Anyone have them and are they any good? I called the owner of the company and they said they are steel but not stainless and they are coated with zinc for rust protection. I kinda wish they were stainless but I imagine that would up the cost. They are already kinda pricey for what they are. Thoughts?

Thanks,

TerraJL

I have one of these that I used until I upgraded my sliders. It works well for what it is and is pretty hidden. It can be removed by pulling 2 pins - the frame remains on the vehicle and the spring loaded step gets taken off. Shouldn't catch anything while wheeling with it off. It is a bit of a pain to get on and off due to a pretty strong spring.

If you're interested - I have one sitting in my garage that doesn't have much wear. Send me a PM if you're interested.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Or, you could follow the forum rules and not try to sell stuff until you have been around long enough, and contributed enough, that people should trust buying something from you.

Or maybe it’s a freebie which would be cool.

craigger

Or, you could follow the forum rules and not try to sell stuff until you have been around long enough, and contributed enough, that people should trust buying something from you.

Or maybe it’s a freebie which would be cool.

whoops, my bad. Was just trying to help a brother out.

@TerraJL, I’ll put the step in the for sale section at some future point.

-c.

Top Bottom