Mohave thoughts

JT@623

Hooked
So I’ve a little over a 1100 miles on my Mohave so far and I’m loving it. It’s been a mix of forest roads and highway. Im surprised at how well the factory suspension works on the rougher roads with a little speed.
I’m fighting the urge to lift it and put 37’s on it so as not to upset the factory ride. With all that said is there a quality kit out that maintains the factory spring and shock package.
1710602763188.jpeg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
That's a tough one. Jeep really did a great job with the Mojave suspension and it really does a great job 100% stock. While you can definitely lift it and make the ride feel just as good or better, everything that's makes your Mojave what it is now would need to be removed.

NPC 6060⁸42

Most just use spacers with shock extensions to maintain factory ride and have a lift. Not saying that’s what I would do but that’s what I’ve seen folks I know are doing.

JT@623

Hooked
I’m leaning towards the EVO Element 2.5 kit . Stock wheels with spacers tazer mini to recalibrate everything then down the road regear to 4:56

benatc1

Hooked
If you choose to lift, I found the synergy 2” springs and whatever 2” shock spacers to work well, I used fabtech as there wasn’t anything else really a la cart. I had the 2.5 evo spring initially, but I don’t think they paired well with the fox shocks and they game me about 4inches of lift up front, so I ran in a weird part of the shock. After switching to the synergy ones I was right were I wanted to be lift wise and they are soft like the Mojave ones. It was some trial and error but came together great. Mojave 1” lift comes from a spacer in the coil bucket so the synergy worked well too as their springs leave the factory take, so you should sit level still. I’ve since gone back to Evo for my JLU but the synergy’s were a nice pair with those factory fox 2.5s.

benatc1

Hooked
If you choose to lift, I found the synergy 2” springs and whatever 2” shock spacers to work well, I used fabtech as there wasn’t anything else really a la cart. I had the 2.5 evo spring initially, but I don’t think they paired well with the fox shocks and they game me about 4inches of lift up front, so I ran in a weird part of the shock. After switching to the synergy ones I was right were I wanted to be lift wise and they are soft like the Mojave ones. It was some trial and error but came together great. Mojave 1” lift comes from a spacer in the coil bucket so the synergy worked well too as their springs leave the factory take, so you should sit level still. I’ve since gone back to Evo for my JLU but the synergy’s were a nice pair with those factory fox 2.5s.
I should add the reason I went with springs as the AEV spacer kit was perpetually backordered at the time and I’ve never been a fan of spacer kits. I’m not sure if I had more up or down travel with the synergy springs and shock spacers but at least in my head I felt like I would lol

WiscoHR

I’ve been running the AEV spacer kit for about 40k miles now, with no complaints. Rides like stock, since it still is and fits the 37’s perfectly. Only other thing I added were the lower front control arms from the Mopar lift for a little more caster. Since from the factory the caster is pretty low even at stock height.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I’m leaning towards the EVO Element 2.5 kit . Stock wheels with spacers tazer mini to recalibrate everything then down the road regear to 4:56
This is exactly what I did (4.88 though). Love it. You should also do the track bars now. I went to synergy and feel like they make a difference. You’ll need them to do the lift. The Mohave is 1” taller in the front than the rubicon and the stock sway bars just aren’t long enough and the bushings are tiny. I ran 37s with no lift for 6 months and only occasionally rubbed. You could easily do 35s today and change nothing else.

ScoobyCarolanNC

I’ve been running the AEV spacer kit for about 40k miles now, with no complaints. Rides like stock, since it still is and fits the 37’s perfectly. Only other thing I added were the lower front control arms from the Mopar lift for a little more caster. Since from the factory the caster is pretty low even at stock height.
I did this on my JL and I have them in the garage to add to the Mojave. Getting those control arms is like the best bang for the buck!

Lunentucker

Late to the party, but +1 on this.
The AEV lift is great, and the Mopar arms would be all you should need to get the caster back in shape.
I would even recommend adding them to a stock height Mojave.

JT@623

Hooked
Late to the party, but +1 on this.
The AEV lift is great, and the Mopar arms would be all you should need to get the caster back in shape.
I would even recommend adding them to a stock height Mojave.

I have a set of the Mopar arms off a friends JL 🤔

Lunentucker

I have a set of the Mopar arms off a friends JL 🤔

"The authentic Mopar Front Lower Control Arms from AllMoparParts are originally found in the Wrangler JL & Gladiator JT lift kits. These components are longer than the factory stock arms."

• Sold individually (2 required)

Top Bottom