Okay... It's Stupid Hot

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Been spending way more time down in the Vegas area this summer than we have in a while and holy hell, it's stupid hot out. I literally think I'm melting. What's it like out in your neck of the woods?

Here's a shot I just took o_O

IMG_9094.jpg

CalSgt

Hooked
Been spending way more time down in the Vegas area this summer than we have in a while and holy hell, it's stupid hot out. I literally think I'm melting. What's it like out in your neck of the woods?

Here's a shot I just took o_O

View attachment 364812
LOL... and I've been complaining about 100+ degree days in the Sierra's... No fucking way would I tolerate 120, I'd have to become nocturnal

kevman65

Hooked
It has consistently been in the 90's with >90% humidity here in Indiana for quite a while.

Takes its toll on a fat, diabetic old man.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL... and I've been complaining about 100+ degree days in the Sierra's... No fucking way would I tolerate 120, I'd have to become nocturnal
Yeah, we'd been seeing triple digit heat in Carson City as well but at least it would cool down to the mid to low 60's at night. I think the worst part about it down here, the lows are in the upper 80s 😵
It has consistently been in the 90's with >90% humidity here in Indiana for quite a while.

Takes its toll on a fat, diabetic old man.
Okay, that's gotta be worse. At least it is dry out here.

BaddestCross

Been in the upper 80s, low 90s with 70-90% humidity... Of course, now we're in the middle of a tropical storm, so there's that. 😂

Screenshot_20210707-202307_AccuWeather.png

jesse3638

Hooked
Was just out today and the temp gage told me it was 106 here in the desert of So-Cal. Glad I'm off work it's usually 7-10° hotter in Barstow. Supposed to be 111 on Saturday here though.

kevman65

Hooked
Okay, that's gotta be worse. At least it is dry out here.
In 1988 my wife and I got married on July 2 in an unairconditioned church ( her choice of churches) and then the next morning we hopped on one of them new fangled jet propulsion flying machines to Vegas.

So we left 90/90 and walked out of air conditioned airport terminal into 115 "dry" heat.

:oops:

Needless to say, when I get done with this model of wife I'm not upgrading.

Andy5160

Hooked
New York Long Island three weeks ago

Attachments

• D5A02A31-0134-4C4F-BFB3-33962B8F5111.jpeg
    D5A02A31-0134-4C4F-BFB3-33962B8F5111.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 16

Dale72

Hooked
This was Barstow almost 3 weeks ago 20210618_180101.jpg I'm in Des Moines now and it's 74 it's been raining on and off all day

Brute

Hooked
We had a 3 day stretch here a week ago...highest was 109, lows 82...and we are 47 degrees north...

jesse3638

Hooked
Spent the whole month of June in Carlsbad. Man was that nice. Highs of low to mid 70's and lows into the 50's it's no wonder the place we stayed didn't have AC. Not to mention we were across the street from tamarack state Beach. It actually made me feel like CA wasn't so bad, until I went to get gas...haha.

TrailHunter

Hooked
Spent the whole month of June in Carlsbad. Man was that nice. Highs of low to mid 70's and lows into the 50's it's no wonder the place we stayed didn't have AC. Not to mention we were across the street from tamarack state Beach. It actually made me feel like CA wasn't so bad, until I went to get gas...haha.
I've never lived in a house with AC. 😎

Bullwinckle

Hooked
Been in the 100's for seems like 2+ weeks here in Bakersfield. This week supposed to be 111 to 113 in the next few days. I definitely wont be doing anything outside in that time. lol

Top Bottom