OR-Fab Tire Carrier

Hey man dont mean to highjack you thread im about to purchase a new one of these (i would buy yours if you would ship :p) i was wondering why uour selling it are they as good as the reviews

Ill ship it for 500. I didnt use it, so cant give a review, but it feels and looks great. Frank ran this carrier on his old jeep and could give you a better review.

I'm going to run carrierless (jeep word) for the time being and am struggling on deciding between skins&carrier vs bumper and carrier. I'm just nervous of the eventual 40" hanging off this carrier.

I didn't realize they sold a jerry can version of this. I have only ever seen the rotopax version and the canless.

I will be heading from San Fran down to Irvine Ca on the 16th and will be coming back to San Fran on the 21st. If anyone wants this along that route I would be willing to meet up on those two days while Im traveling or between those dates while I am in OC. :drinks:

I'm thinking about it.....I'm on the path that your taking but looking at the install video I don't know if I want to drill though the cab of the jeep. (just thinking out loud).

I run this same setup. It's a great product. No rattles or any other issues. Bump for a good deal. If any other potential buyers have questions PM me and I will be happy to answer. :)

I'm thinking about it.....I'm on the path that your taking but looking at the install video I don't know if I want to drill though the cab of the jeep. (just thinking out loud).

I am in Fresno and would be happy to help install if you pick this thing up.

I am in Fresno and would be happy to help install if you pick this thing up.

I'm having a hard time trying to narrow down what I want to get. If anything I'd like to take a look at yours if I start to swing to that one. I don't like the idea of having to buy a separate tire carrier and rear bumper. That and the tire is supported by the jeep thin body. Have to weigh all odds

I'm having a hard time trying to narrow down what I want to get. If anything I'd like to take a look at yours if I start to swing to that one. I don't like the idea of having to buy a separate tire carrier and rear bumper. That and the tire is supported by the jeep thin body. Have to weigh all odds

Absolutely! You can check it out anytime

Its a solid carrier but a pain the butt to install. OR- Fab has some vague instructions. There are a few good writeups online about it. Btw... I like my OR-Fab carrier and bumper. If you have a buddy who has done the install already or are willing to sit and scratch your noggin a few times go for it. Their customer service is good by the way during business hours. They will answer install questions.

Last edited:
this includes all hardware needed to install. The only thing that is not with it is the small sticker that goes between the rubber boot on the carrier and the tailgate. It took me a while of searching google even to show you what I am talking about because most people dont even use it.

orfab plate.jpg

I'll do 400 if you'll deliver to shaver lake....then we'll hit the dusy..don't have to do the whole 3 day thing its just as fun to crawl a few hours in then back out. I work 20 min from trailhead

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom