Poison Spyder front fender bolt hole issue.

thechrisjones

One of the bolt holes on the fender didn't get tapered. I pre installed the front fenders but didn't put every bolt in. After getting them painted and doing the final install I found this! Spent a lot of money for something like this to happen. Over the last 3 weeks I've bought PSC front brawler mid and skid, rear brawler bumper with tire carrier, all 4 fenders and the lower body armor. Stinks something this small bugs the living crap out of me. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1421643806.451445.jpg

taper hole bit for that size hole isn't much, Harbor Freight stepless bits about $7, they also sell countersink bits for cheap

sometimes stuff gets past QC, happens to the best of them

Last edited:
Using a bit for tapered holes would be best, but if it were me I'd just take a regular drill bit that's almost as big as the head on the bolt (slightly smaller than the widest part of the bolt head) and drill the hole out. Not all the way through. Just enough to give the hole a taper that the bolt head can fit into. Just do a little at a time and then check to see if it's deep enough.

sometimes stuff gets past QC, happens to the best of them

it does suck...but it happens.

easiest thing to do is apply masking tape to the hole and use a taper bit to match the other holes. then cover the surrounding area with news paper and spray paint the hole to prevent rusting.

Top Bottom