PSC Big Bore XD2

monstrousmac

Caught the Bug
Hi all,

So, I have a question. Can you install the PSC Big Bore XD2 without installing the new reservoir and pump? I plan on eventually adding those parts but not right now.

I have spent a lot of money on my Jeep in the past year and have a lot of other projects going on. I just bought new tires, Nitto Trail Grapplers 37x12.5x17, then I sprung a coolant leak in the worst possibe location and it cost my $1200 to have it fixed. It was literally spraying out in a stream from the Timing Chain Cover gasket. So, I had to have that replaced. Then I finally had my Rubicon transfer case installed and I just bought everything too finally hook up my air lockers, I bought the ARB Twin Air Compressor and everything to install it under the passenger seat.

The reason I want to put the PSC Big Bore in, I have broke my steering sector shaft once before on the trail, I should have bought the PSC then but I bought an OEM. It sucked changing it on the trail. I plan on doing some more offroading now that I think I am done with surgeries and medical stuff. I just would rather have a stronger gear box and steering sector shaft in it.

I also do have upgraded axles on the Jeep, so those should be good to go for the most part. I snapped a front axle and ended up installing a Dynatrac Pro Rock 60 in the rear and a Pro Rock 44 upfront with Adams 1350 drive shafts.

I apperciate any comments and suggestions ahead of time.

aHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1zZWExLTEueHguZmJjZG4ubmV0L3YvdDEuNjQzNS05LzQwNjM1MTQ5XzEwMjEyOTI3MDEwOD...jpg aHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1zZWExLTEueHguZmJjZG4ubmV0L3YvdDEuNjQzNS05LzY5NzE4NDYzXzEwMjE1NTIyMDMwNj...jpg aHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1zZWExLTEueHguZmJjZG4ubmV0L3YvdDEuNjQzNS05LzQ4Mzc1NTc3XzEwMjEzNzIxNjM0ND...jpg aHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1zZWExLTEueHguZmJjZG4ubmV0L3YvdDEuNjQzNS05LzQ3NTc5NTgxXzEwMjEzNjQ2NTE4OD...jpg aHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1zZWExLTEueHguZmJjZG4ubmV0L3YvdDEuNjQzNS05LzQ4MjY5MTYxXzEwMjEzNjQ2NTE4MT...jpg aHR0cHM6Ly9zY29udGVudC1zZWExLTEueHguZmJjZG4ubmV0L3YvdDEuNjQzNS05LzQ3NjgxMjEzXzEwMjEzNjQ2NTE3OT...jpg

bhaner

I would say you can. I think it uses the same pump and resi that the other kits used.

I would call them just to be sure.

MericaMade

Yes, you can run the box alone. I will say it does benefit you to add the pump and reservoir while you are in there.

wjtstudios

Hooked
Yes, I had run mine that way for a couple years with no issues and it made a big difference over stock. Make sure you order the gear ported for the ram in the future.

TrailHunter

Hooked
I’m running just the box (with 35’s) and have had zero issues. I did flush the system with Swepco flushing fluid and used the 715. Wjstudios was a big help in walking me through it. Definitely do not overfill the fluid. I do plan on adding the PSC lines and pump in the future though... Just because.

wjtstudios

Hooked
I’m running just the box (with 35’s) and have had zero issues. I did flush the system with Swepco flushing fluid and used the 715. Wjstudios was a big help in walking me through it. Definitely do not overfill the fluid. I do plan on adding the PSC lines and pump in the future though... Just because.
great point on the flush, forgot about that part

Top Bottom