Reassembling Shifter to Stock

ScottThomasJK08

I purchased a 2008 JK a few months ago and am in the process of fixing previous owner issues. One of the things was to remove the 2" body lift as it really isn't needed for the size of tire. So to put back the shift lever to stock I removed the lift adapter and found that the shift boot was basically destroyed and a round gasket was cut. Finding the replacement shift boot was easy, but I can't identify the gasket. It was cut at the same place they cut the shift bracket. Any idea on what this part is and where to get it? IMG_0658.JPG IMG_0657.JPG

Welcome to Wayalife. Here's a breakdown of the Shift lever assembly:

32aee012889ce7e901548b618f259d30.png

Do you remember whereabout the gasket came from? Identifying what it kept sealed will help identify the correct gasket to buy. I couldn't find a match with a quick google search. @wayoflife might know since he had an early manual he swapped out in his JK Moby.

ScottThomasJK08

I did find this on a Mopar parts site, but it's for an automatic, looks exactly the same. I got a new inner shift boot as the original was all rotted and torn, but is doesn't have a gasket. Maybe it's not a separate part. JK had several previous owners, so hard to tell. Shifter Bracket.jpg

I did find this on a Mopar parts site, but it's for an automatic, looks exactly the same. I got a new inner shift boot as the original was all rotted and torn, but is doesn't have a gasket. Maybe it's not a separate part. JK had several previous owners, so hard to tell. View attachment 402347
That bracket looks the same as number 8 in the diagram - and the gasket has the same indent as your picture, I think you got it (y)

Top Bottom