Rough Country Molle Panels

I’m looking to install some molle panels in the bed. AAL and BuiltRight Industries’ panels are crazy expensive. I know what you’re thinking about RC, I’m usually the first to say it, but I might need these within 2 weeks, and others won’t get here fast enough.

What am I mounting you ask?
- 10lb Power Tank (horizontal above wheel well)
- 1.2 gal propane tank
- shovel

Here’s what they look like—they are steel, not aluminum.
IMG_8976.jpeg

Ideas appreciated.

Are you wanting opinions? Or ideas on other options? Seems like you have found the options available and based on price/availability have decided on RC. I’m sure they will work fine for what you are using them for. I wouldn’t expect their powder coat to hold up though.
Lol, what he said. ^

Ideas? You can mount stuff to it. Opinions? While I’m sure these will work I wouldn’t expect their appearance to hold up after a short while as Disciple said. Like literally after the first rain that hits them they’ll be toast.

Are you wanting opinions? Or ideas on other options? Seems like you have found the options available and based on price/availability have decided on RC. I’m sure they will work fine for what you are using them for. I wouldn’t expect their powder coat to hold up though.
Really, thank you! I forgot to consider the quality of the powder coating. Hmm, guess I’m gonna keep with that normal mantra, “You get what you pay for.”

Any other opinions? AAL is bare aluminum (I’m sure you can pay Britt to coat them at additional cost), BuiltRight is powder coated. Any other options/manufacturers??

Thanks yall, love this.

Are you pretty set on mounting things inboard of the bedsides like that?
What do you mean? The other two look just about the same.

BuiltRight
IMG_8981.jpeg

American Adventure Lab
IMG_8980.jpeg

I prefer the AAL ones because I don’t want the lights covered, are Made in USA, but am worried about the molle pattern. Note: my JT didn’t come with the TrailRail system.

Are you pretty set on mounting things inboard of the bedsides like that?
Oh, I understand now, you meant beneath the trail rail slot locations. Yes, I’ll be adding the Extrusion Overland rack this spring, so I’ll be getting rails at that time, and yes, I’d like to mount these WITHOUT the need to the rail system.

Please correct me if I’m wrong.

I just meant mounting things to the insides of the bed at all. Typically I see bed racks with accessories mounted to it to preserve bed space.

At a glance, both those look much better quality than the RC ones but I think that goes without saying. All 3 seem to clear the trail rail system anyway as well. I think you answered your own question and should go with the AAL ones, they look the best in my opinion.

I tend to wonder if this stuff will be moving all around and making a racket (or even coming off) on washboard roads. Things which look like they are mounted fine while at rest may not be fine while under motion. For example, that gas can will be banging up and down on the bed and could cause some damage.

I tend to wonder if this stuff will be moving all around and making a racket (or even coming off) on washboard roads. Things which look like they are mounted fine while at rest may not be fine while under motion. For example, that gas can will be banging up and down on the bed and could cause some damage.
Well, I’m about to find out. Ordering the AAL molle panels. I’ll report back and see how everything worked out.

Top Bottom