Show Off Your Guns!

Bullwinckle

Hooked
I'm really liking these. Some pretty sweet designs.

I bought one a while back from them. They have some nice conceal holsters!

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I'm really liking these. Some pretty sweet designs.

Take a look at L.A.G. Tactical. They are located in Reno and make some great holsters. I just ordered my fourth for a purchase I made Wednesday.

They can do custom patterns and colors if that’s your thing. Definitely more pricey than wethepeople, but the quality and fit is fantastic in my opinion.

Old faithful (Glock 34) is never far away, even when I’m working on the Jeep at home.
Recently had to replace the optic because I finally broke the glass after nearly 60k. Trijicon was going to warranty it but I’ve been wanting to try the smaller 1 MOA dot so they gave me a great deal on a new one instead. DD97A082-EEFF-4116-B7DA-D65D3C5CBF69.jpeg

CalSgt

Hooked
Old faithful (Glock 34) is never far away, even when I’m working on the Jeep at home.
Recently had to replace the optic because I finally broke the glass after nearly 60k. Trijicon was going to warranty it but I’ve been wanting to try the smaller 1 MOA dot so they gave me a great deal on a new one instead. View attachment 369368
Is that the MOS version or did you get it machined for the optic

Is that the MOS version or did you get it machined for the optic
It’s a Gen 5MOS version with a C&H precision plate. I do have a Gen 5 17 slide that has been milled for an RMR also. With the C&H plate it’s super solid and secure. And standard ameriglo backup irons give me a lower 1/3 co-witness which I prefer. Been a great setup. I teach train and carry with it. I want to say I have 57-58 thousand rounds through this setup.

CalSgt

Hooked
It’s a Gen 5MOS version with a C&H precision plate. I do have a Gen 5 17 slide that has been milled for an RMR also. With the C&H plate it’s super solid and secure. And standard ameriglo backup irons give me a lower 1/3 co-witness which I prefer. Been a great setup. I teach train and carry with it. I want to say I have 57-58 thousand rounds through this setup.
Dang… I bought a gen 3 22 years ago and ended up teaching classes on it for a few years to transition from S&W model 10’s & 64’s to semi autos. Not near as many rounds down range as you though, probably 5k in mine and another 15k in others

Dang… I bought a gen 3 22 years ago and ended up teaching classes on it for a few years to transition from S&W model 10’s & 64’s to semi autos. Not near as many rounds down range as you though, probably 5k in mine and another 15k in others
At first I was on the road teaching roughly 25-30 weeks a year and then also attending roughly 10 classes on top of that. Most of them with fairly high round counts. Over the last couple of years though I’ve cut my teaching back to just a few local classes and a couple out of state. I still attend a half dozen or so. It’s been through hell and back and I’ve had to replace my fair share of worn out internal but… it just keeps chugging.

CalSgt

Hooked
At first I was on the road teaching roughly 25-30 weeks a year and then also attending roughly 10 classes on top of that. Most of them with fairly high round counts. Over the last couple of years though I’ve cut my teaching back to just a few local classes and a couple out of state. I still attend a half dozen or so. It’s been through hell and back and I’ve had to replace my fair share of worn out internal but… it just keeps chugging.
I’m sold on Glock, out of the box they seem to outshoot most unmodified guns for half the price, maintenance is simple, and trigger pull is same or close on every model.

I’m sold on Glock, out of the box they seem to outshoot most unmodified guns for half the price, maintenance is simple, and trigger pull is same or close on every model.
Bingo. I have a couple higher end pistols and while I enjoy them… they don’t get the attention my glocks get.

kevman65

Hooked
I'm partial to rim fire rifles and like them old like me.
Here's a 1967 Browning T-bolt bolt action that got for a song and replaced all the non-original parts with authentic parts.
The scope and rings are gone, original peep site and hooded front bead are now in place. The trigger guard in the picture was a home made replacement. I lucked upon an original pot metal trigger guard and replaced it.
Yes this is from the "salt wood" era, but got lucky and this isn't one that had the bad stock.

t-bolt .22.jpg t-bolt .22 (2).jpg

I also have this little beauty, Magnum Research ( Desert Eagle manufacturer) light weight, threaded barrel and yes there is a "can" for it. The optics were almost as much as the rifle.

20150618_184910.jpg 20150618_185011.jpg

Also have a Marlin 39A late 50's manufacture date and then a Remington 597 with a Boyd's thumbhole stock and free floated barrel.

Nice ive been eyeballing the 2011 and liked them since they came out. How is it in comparison to the traditional 1911?
It’s a lot smoother (granted a 2011 in 9mm is pretty much like shooting airsoft) but the recoil impulse is not as sharp even on 2011’s in .45. I will say they’re just as picky with ammo and they do need to be broken in and maintained. But overall I think they are nicer to shoot if you’re gonna spend all day on the range. I carry a full size G34 so the size part doesn’t really factor in. I guess I have more room in my pants than others 😝😝😝

Lperdue

It’s a lot smoother (granted a 2011 in 9mm is pretty much like shooting airsoft) but the recoil impulse is not as sharp even on 2011’s in .45. I will say they’re just as picky with ammo and they do need to be broken in and maintained. But overall I think they are nicer to shoot if you’re gonna spend all day on the range. I carry a full size G34 so the size part doesn’t really factor in. I guess I have more room in my pants than others 😝😝😝
Nice I’m not too surprised since it is more geared towards fast competition style shooting. Seems like it is well balanced, as for maintenance just guessing but since it seems like it uses a lot more precision parts. Does it require more frequent cleaning vs a normal 1911.

Top Bottom