Testing airbag circuits?

Hendu3270

Code B1B02 Driver Airbag squib 1 circuit open. I removed the airbag and was wanting to see if I was able to figure out which connector from steering column is for squib 1. Yellow or black. Anyone know where this info is and also is there a way to test these connectors? I'm not an electrical guy but but I was thinking I could connect a voltmeter to these and measure the ohms while turning the steering wheel to see if it points to the clockspring. Not sure if that even makes sense.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Code B1B02 Driver Airbag squib 1 circuit open. I removed the airbag and was wanting to see if I was able to figure out which connector from steering column is for squib 1. Yellow or black. Anyone know where this info is and also is there a way to test these connectors? I'm not an electrical guy but but I was thinking I could connect a voltmeter to these and measure the ohms while turning the steering wheel to see if it points to the clockspring. Not sure if that even makes sense.
You want to check for resistance in the circuit with the battery disconnected. If you have OL on your meter then there is a break in the line. The airbag itself could be at fault as well causing the code

mijku

Airbags use yellow connectors. You may want to make sure connectors and circuits are completely mated. on occasion a terminal may not be fully seated and pull out over time

Last edited:
Top Bottom