The BEST Internet Expert Advice I've Been Given

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Lol.

And to top if off, every .99 cent TIRE PRESSURE GAUGE I've used breaks by about the 3rd time using it. One of the shops I worked at kept feeding us techs those pieces of shit.
Holy hell, ain't that the truth!!! Funny thing is, I kinda like the old school pen style tire pressure gauges only, these days, MOST of them are made out of plastic and the pin that pushes the schrader valve down ALWAYS breaks after the 2nd or 3rd time I use it!

Brute

Hooked
Every other time wheeling someone is asking around for a spare valve core at the the staging area, I'd rather have a $50 tool than loose a core on the one day when no one has a spare.
I carry extra valve cores and valve caps with rubber gaskets for these guys (and myself)

Every other time wheeling someone is asking around for a spare valve core at the the staging area, I'd rather have a $50 tool than loose a core on the one day when no one has a spare.
I have spare cores and a valve core tool in both my Jeep and the car. This stuff is really cheap (much less than $50) and takes practically no space.

Then after you pull the core, you attach a pressure gauge?…then remove it if you need to air down more?…and how many times does this go on until you’re at the correct pressure you want?
I have not done this myself but have seen it done a great many times by a fellow on a YouTube channel I wont mention here who has an orange JK with 35s. He removes the core entirely, waits a certain number of seconds, and then uses Eddy's favorite pressure gage with the pop out stick a few times until it is perfect.

This is likely something which becomes perfected with lots of practice.

Brute

Hooked
I have not done this myself but have seen it done a great many times by a fellow on a YouTube channel I wont mention here who has an orange JK with 35s. He removes the core entirely, waits a certain number of seconds, and then uses Eddy's favorite pressure gage with the pop out stick a few times until it is perfect.

This is likely something which becomes perfected with lots of practice.
You do understand that Eddy’s “favorite pressure gauge “ removes the valve core to rapidly let out air, while allowing to monitor air pressure simultaneously…without having the valve core drop into the dirt or sand…

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
You do understand that Eddy’s “favorite pressure gauge “ removes the valve core to rapidly let out air, while allowing to monitor air pressure simultaneously…without having the valve core drop into the dirt or sand…
He’s talking about the $0.99 one that the YouTube guy commented. I think he was trying to be funny but missed the mark. By a lot.

Yes of course. Also be aware that given a known starting pressure, the amount of seconds to reach the desired pressure is pretty repeatable so you can know just by elapsed time when it is close, do a few quick checks, and put the core back in. I am not making this up since I have seen it done tens of times already.

Seahawkfan

Hooked
Yes of course. Also be aware that given a known starting pressure, the amount of seconds to reach the desired pressure is pretty repeatable so you can know just by elapsed time when it is close, do a few quick checks, and put the core back in. I am not making this up since I have seen it done tens of times already.
Well please don't buy one then. You have seen a better way 10's of times.

Spazbyt

Hooked
Sounds like your making this up...

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
LOL - who knew that a simple tip to help people get unstuck from sand or freshly fallen snow would trigger so many people! Here's one that I got from a Hua Thai. Apparently, I don't know what color snow is and making sure you don't roll a bead is more important than trying to save your life.

Hua Thai.jpg

Top Bottom