TJ Currie Steering Questions

tdans

IMG_4927.jpg IMG_4923.jpg IMG_4859.jpg IMG_4855.jpg

So a little background this is my 1997 TJ. I will list below what I have if it might help out. First question has anyone flipped the tie rod end on the drivers side to get it up and out of the way a little bit more? Do you think it will negatively effect my steering? Also does anyone know a "cheap" way to get more power out of my steering. I dont want to upgrade to hydro steering. Its way too expensive and overkill for what I need. But I also on bigger stuff the steering seems a little bit sissy lala. I have a friend that put an agr box and pump and had nothing but problems with it after 3 replacement boxes he went back to stock. Also I am thinking of putting a detroit locker in the front. I live in nothern utah and we get quite a bit of snow. This is my daily driver so does anyone know how they drive in the snow as a daily driver? Also if you have any other ideas for my jeep for looks function whatever let me know.

currie hd steering
rock krawler 5 in long arm kit
currie front and rear anti rock sway bars
ford 8.8 rear with detroit locker
4.88 g2 gears
rock slide engineering rock sliders
extreme terrain rear bumper
bulldog front bumper
warn gas tank skid plate
teraflex sye kit
poison spyder corner guards

Moabbnd

You're pretty well set up. Flipping the tie rod is easy if you can find the insert. Black magic brakes had a co-op where they'd sell the flip kit, but I don't see it available anymore. Keep in mind that you'll have to relocate your swaybar mounts at the axle to a higher spot to clear the flipped tie rod

In general, I'd suggest chromoly front shafts for extra d30 life, otherwise always carry an extra set

tdans

Thanks for the help! I have only broke a ujoint once but I'm sure if I put in a locker I might run into more problems.

Top Bottom