Tune Up time?

rob_bunch

As it all shakes out and now that its been with the dealer for 6 weeks, it was the head gasket,,, it was leaking coolant into cylinder #3 and that was why the sputtering and fouling. I guess the 3.6 cant run on a water and petro mix. Bliwn away as to how this can happen at 80k. While it was down I paid a little extra for 5 new plugs,,, should be good to go now,,,, I hope!

rob_bunch

So after 6 weeks at the dealership, they called and said it was ready. They even swapped both batteries out being that the auto stop start threw a code,,,, well 3/4 of a tank later and only 140 miles and the trouble codes are back and I’m back to 8.8 mpg (I was averaging 16-17 on 38’s w/ 5:13’s)
Bottom line is I am beyond pissed! Oh and plugs at the dealership are about $25 per plug w/labor,,, freakin stupid,,,, next Jeep will be a CJ or yj resto-mod. #NoMoreDealershitNonsense

So after 6 weeks at the dealership, they called and said it was ready. They even swapped both batteries out being that the auto stop start threw a code,,,, well 3/4 of a tank later and only 140 miles and the trouble codes are back and I’m back to 8.8 mpg (I was averaging 16-17 on 38’s w/ 5:13’s)
Bottom line is I am beyond pissed! Oh and plugs at the dealership are about $25 per plug w/labor,,, freakin stupid,,,, next Jeep will be a CJ or yj resto-mod. #NoMoreDealershitNonsense
This sucks! But at least it’s on them. They said they fixed it, so make ‘em fix it!

I’m sorry that you’re having this issue, but here I am at 100k without anything to write home about. Everything I’ve done has been on the maintenance schedule.

Only thing I wasn’t expecting was the pinhole in my radiator (likely caused by a rock getting in there on the Alaska highway) and a water pump bearing whining after a new belt was put on.

Couldn’t be happier with the reliability of this vehicle over the past 100,000 miles.

rob_bunch

I feel the engineers purposely made DIY difficult in order to get those $25/plug rates.
Absolutely,,, the same reason on the Toyota tundras & 1st gen Sequoias the starter is at the back end of the block just beneath the plenum, not on a frame rail like an American made truck. I changed 2 of them. Starter was $125,,, labor was $800. Jeep is def taking one out of the Toyota playbook!

rob_bunch

This sucks! But at least it’s on them. They said they fixed it, so make ‘em fix it!

I’m sorry that you’re having this issue, but here I am at 100k without anything to write home about. Everything I’ve done has been on the maintenance schedule.

Only thing I wasn’t expecting was the pinhole in my radiator (likely caused by a rock getting in there on the Alaska highway) and a water pump bearing whining after a new belt was put on.

Couldn’t be happier with the reliability of this vehicle over the past 100,000 miles.
Until this issue I would have said the same thing. Aside from the shitty attention to detail mechanically,,, the 2nd back glass I got, totally warrantied and due to the faulty defroster button style cable interface, my back window is now fishbowl glass vs privacy which is what the oem was. They said mopar had several new iterations of the same part number. Now I have to go to a freakin tint shop…

Until this issue I would have said the same thing. Aside from the shitty attention to detail mechanically,,, the 2nd back glass I got, totally warrantied and due to the faulty defroster button style cable interface, my back window is now fishbowl glass vs privacy which is what the oem was. They said mopar had several new iterations of the same part number. Now I have to go to a freakin tint shop…
Hang in there bud!

Top Bottom