What Brand Steering Gearbox Should I Get?

Hey all. Just looking for some advise on what steering gearbox brand I should get for replacement. I've always had play in the steering since I bought this 2001 TJ. I have no clue what previous owners have done with it so I figure I should just replace it as I don't want to adjust the gears. I'll probably have some front end work done on it as well. I'm just a fair weather offroader and the JEEP is mainly stock. So any suggestions on the box would be helpful! Thanks!

JT@623

Hooked
Hey all. Just looking for some advise on what steering gearbox brand I should get for replacement. I've always had play in the steering since I bought this 2001 TJ. I have no clue what previous owners have done with it so I figure I should just replace it as I don't want to adjust the gears. I'll probably have some front end work done on it as well. I'm just a fair weather offroader and the JEEP is mainly stock. So any suggestions on the box would be helpful! Thanks!
Is the play in the box itself or the linkage?

JT@623

Hooked
If it needs replacing I would stay stock for a stock TJ with mild wheeling the stock one should last a long time. I’m still running the stock box on mine lifted on 35’s no issues.

If it needs replacing I would stay stock for a stock TJ with mild wheeling the stock one should last a long time. I’m still running the stock box on mine lifted on 35’s no issues.
What are your thoughts on re-manufactured ones. Also, any brand you would stay away from?

This is made, or supplied by Crown and has the Mopar part #52089046AC - Best price at Summit as usual.

Does anyone have thoughts on the Durango good or not so good? This one on Amazon says brand new.

Top Bottom