Wife’s new JT

A.J.

I have been stashing a few things ahead of time for it. Going to be more of an Overlanding (aka driving on dirt roads and camping) rig.
Stage 1 will be as follows.

Rubicon JT front springs (take offs)
All 4 Rubicon Fox shocks (take offs)
Rubicon sway bar (take off) with EVO no limits manual disconnect
Keeping rear max tow springs
2.5” spacer lift with shock extensions.
EVO 1/4 pounder winch bumper( take off)
KM 544 Messa wheels 17x9 candy red with black ring.
35” or 37” RAZR MT’s (undecided)
Probably do the Fender chop up front as well fairly soon.

Last edited:

jwolfejt

Caught the Bug
Congrats ! Looks like you went with the soft top (the better choice imo) - i just replaced my hardtop with a soft top and love it.

A.J.

Congrats ! Looks like you went with the soft top (the better choice imo) - i just replaced my hardtop with a soft top and love it.
Actually it is the hard top just black. I was all for the soft top but she wanted the hard top. 🤷‍♂️

A.J.

Thanks all! I will try to update as we go along. I’m pretty terrible at it though. I’m sure I will have a few questions along the way.

A.J.

I have the max tow and went 35s. Wish now I had gone 37s. Story of a Jeeper's life.
Yeah that’s how it always goes. Trying to keep this one as more of a travel camping set up. I keep reminding her we have a JKU on 40’s for the other stuff.

A.J.

First “fix” on the JT. Sound bar was making noise. Wife swore the speaker was blown. Turned out to be just a little plastic rattle. The trim piece between the dome light and sound bar was rattling. Removed it and added some foam tape in a few spots and it’s good to go! No more rattle when the base hits! 😁

A.J.

Before and after. 2.5” spacer lift. Rubicon front springs, Maxtow rear springs and Rubicon Fox shocks all the way around. KMC MESA wheels and Maxxis RAZR M/T’s 35X12.50-17. I’m pretty bad at taking pictures. Turned out really good I think. Wife loves it! Her choice on wheel color.
DD233219-A749-43E4-88C3-7120F6792B60.jpeg 7DDADDFD-8CB5-4498-B03C-4A7987D298CF.jpeg

Discount Tire

Congratulations on your new JT, I love the new red KMC wheels, they look outstanding.

Have fun with your new ride and be safe.

Top Bottom