And so it Begins... the 392

after using the Mopar winch plate on my JL and helping a friend with his using the Warn plate, the Warn plate is much easier.
When I pull the bumper off to recoat/replace I'm using the Warn plate.
Both are a total pain in the ass but I agree, the WARN is a bit easier. Of course, I don't know of any winch plate that gets installed inside a bumper as being easy to install. They all kind of suck and are a pain in the ass.

And, like I just said to jeeeep, installing just about any premium winch inside a bumper is a totally pain in the ass. In the case of a WARN ZEON 10s going inside a factory steel front bumper, the biggest pain is getting the inner frame rail nuts installed. A very close second is the fairlead bolted on. And third, phishing the stupid synthetic line through the drum and pulling it through without breaking the cheap thin wire :rolleyes:

But, when all is said and done...
IMG_2631.jpg
IMG_2632.jpgIMG_2635.jpgIMG_2634.jpg

And yes, I am doing something I thought I'd never do and trying out a Factor 55 product. I should note, I am doing this mainly because I wanted first hand personal experience with it. However, I made sure to get the Ultrahook because, hooks are what I prefer.
IMG_2640.jpg

And, like I just said to jeeeep, installing just about any premium winch inside a bumper is a totally pain in the ass. In the case of a WARN ZEON 10s going inside a factory steel front bumper, the biggest pain is getting the inner frame rail nuts installed. A very close second is the fairlead bolted on. And third, phishing the stupid synthetic line through the drum and pulling it through without breaking the cheap thin wire :rolleyes:

View attachment 407859
View attachment 407860View attachment 407861View attachment 407862

And yes, I am doing something I thought I'd never do and trying out a Factor 55 product. I should note, I am doing this mainly because I wanted first hand personal experience with it. However, I made sure to get the Ultrahook because, hooks are what I prefer.
View attachment 407863
Tedious work aside, that looks so clean. I'd definitely keep the stock bumper on if I had a JL or JT - for a while anyway.

Looks great! I’ve always really liked the look of the factory bumper with a winch, especially a WARN. Always looked really clean to me. Ultra hook looks nice 😉 mine hasn’t been an issue yet and like you, only reason I tried it was because it was still hook.

Looks great man, definitely sealed it for me, I’m enjoying my ultra hook, and I think you will too. Of course now this I see that black one, that might It be a nice addition to my Jeep..🤔🤔.. I’m guessing with my flex era lights lll look eerily similar. Nice work.

View attachment 407859
View attachment 407860View attachment 407861View attachment 407862

View attachment 407863
Looks great and clean! Not sold on the factor 55 shiz quite yet. Will wait to hear how you, Clay and Ben like it.

I’ve had the ultra hook for awhile used both the hook and closed loop with a shackle no issues I’ve grown to like it.
The bumper and jeep look good like it belongs 👍

I have a warm winch plate In my driveway that was gonna go on my 392 but dang it’s a pain to install so I just bought a LOD bumper instead lol. I really like the look of that factor 55 hook but dang they are expensive!

Tedious work aside, that looks so clean. I'd definitely keep the stock bumper on if I had a JL or JT - for a while anyway.
Tedious is an understatement. But yes, the finished look is awesome.
Looks great! I’ve always really liked the look of the factory bumper with a winch, especially a WARN. Always looked really clean to me. Ultra hook looks nice 😉 mine hasn’t been an issue yet and like you, only reason I tried it was because it was still hook.
Honestly, it's like they were meant to be together (y)
Looks great and clean! Not sold on the factor 55 shiz quite yet. Will wait to hear how you, Clay and Ben like it.
LOL - anyone who knows me knows I've always been more than happy with the standard hook and have NEVER seen the kinds of problems or failures that the faithful on the internet will go on and on about how dangerous they are.

That said, I am willing to give this thing a legitimate try :)

I’ve had the ultra hook for awhile used both the hook and closed loop with a shackle no issues I’ve grown to like it.
The bumper and jeep look good like it belongs 👍
Thanks! Really happy with the look for sure.
I have a warm winch plate In my driveway that was gonna go on my 392 but dang it’s a pain to install so I just bought a LOD bumper instead lol. I really like the look of that factor 55 hook but dang they are expensive!
LOL - I don't have the biggest of hands and it was still a pain to get installed. Maybe the toughest down between the frame rails install I've done aside from an ARB bumper I once had.

Top Bottom