The Building of Meanst

MTG

Caught the Bug
It does look good!

I couldn't tell on my phone. I'll grab some with better light when I head back over...if Sharkey hasn't already.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Done except for we need some spacers for the front. The 4.75" back spacing didn't work with the sway bar link ends.

Looks sweet though. Now it's on to the wiring for accessories. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371939767.658609.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371939793.712079.jpg

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Meanst has a lifted Jeep...now he has had some honey too! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1371947587.492407.jpg

MTG- thanks again for the help and for the tools. :honey:

FoxC

I've been trying to tell everyone that lawyers are good for something...;) Great job guys.:thumb: Meanst looks awesome.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Taking the family to the lake with MTG and his family, then it's back to wiring this sucker up. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372006873.003809.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372006891.541006.jpg

Couple of questions for you electrical gurus:

(1) Is it fine to piggy back the power wires for four switches to a "key on" hot wire from the OEM system? (I assume the draw for four switches is minimal and won't overload the stock computer); and,

(2) Does anyone remember the correct color OEM wire to tap for the dash dimmer lights on a 2008?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Last edited:

GCM 2

Couple of questions for you electrical gurus:

(1) Is it fine to piggy back the power wires for four switches to a "key on" hot wire from the OEM system? (I assume the draw for four switches is minimal and won't overload the stock computer)

My question(s) back to you; is there a chance two, three or all four could be switched on/running on at the same time? I might go directly to the battery or SPod (I know big bucks for that)

Also, I think all the lights are LEDs, correct? A whole lot less amperage/wattage being drawn, so maybe the four necked down to one may be safe??? I think because we are discussing it might mean its not the right thing:idontknow:

(2) Does anyone remember the correct color IEM wire to tap for the dash dimmer lights on a 2008.....

No clue on this one. Check the dome light wiring color and back track it, since this is dimming too

Sharkey

Word Ninja
My question(s) back to you; is there a chance two, three or all four could be switched on/running on at the same time? I might go directly to the battery or SPod (I know big bucks for that)

Also, I think all the lights are LEDs, correct? A whole lot less amperage/wattage being drawn, so maybe the four necked down to one may be safe??? I think because we are discussing it might mean its not the right thing:idontknow:

No clue on this one. Check the dome light wiring color and back track it, since this is dimming too

Thanks Greg. Here is a thought about the switches. The ARB harness comes pre-wired for three switches (compressor, f-locker, r-locker). The harness draws switch power for all three switches from the same lead (22 gauge wire) and the directions say to tap switched power in the dash. Certainly ARB would expect all three switches could run at the same time. This is what got me thinking about running all of the switches off of one lead. The only draw is for the little light in the switch. The switch itself is then triggering a relay. The relay obviously has its own direct battery lead with a fuse.

I may give it a shot just so meanst has all of the switches hooked into the ignition. That way nobody can turn his lights on without the key in the ignition.

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
So I wired the compressor to the keyed outlet, the other three switches to the accessory 12 volt, and all four switches' dimmer to the heater switch dimmer. Works like a charm. For those of you who don't intend to run a cage, this is honestly one of the cleanest and best looking switch setups I have seen. It looks factory...well, better than factory. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372046335.237447.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372046347.250029.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom