The Building of Meanst

be careful Meanst! i am thinking that someone is becoming attached to something that belongs to someone else........... :eek:

andrew -

Lol! So true. My '09 was bright silver. Sometimes when I walk in my garage I briefly forget I sold my Jeep. But, Meanst's Jeep is a stick...I am a lazy auto guy.

So I wired the compressor to the keyed outlet, the other three switches to the accessory 12 volt, and all four switches' dimmer to the heater switch dimmer. Works like a charm. this is honestly one of the cleanest and best looking switch setups I have seen. It looks factory...well, better than factory

Thanks for the clarification on how ARB wired the panel, it all seems to be much cleaner than what I though originally. That is actually much better looking than the Rugged Ridge switch panel. ARB makes some bomb proof kit!

For those of you who don't intend to run a cage,

.....and you have just pointed out probably the one and only drawback to this set up and is the exact reason I don't have an A-pillar set up. I sure do like this ARB though :rock:

Sharkey/MTG.....

What the hell? No report or photos from the lake trip? I want to see that Correct Craft in action :thumb:

That is actually much better looking than the Rugged Ridge switch panel.

This is the Rugged Ridge panel, but with custom switches from OTRATTW. The ARB compressor comes with a harness so I used it, but obviously not the locker switches. Everything else I wired myself. Meanst doesn't have the light bar or back up lights yet, but I'm pre-wiring those for plug and play once they show up.

What the hell? No report or photos from the lake trip? I want to see that Correct Craft in action :thumb:

The correct craft stayed home but we still went to the lake. It ended up raining so it was a short trip. As for pics, MTG and I made a pact not to post them since it was a nude beach. :shock:

Last edited:
Meanst, it seems your thread has taken its inevitable turn... :cheesy:

Those "bears" did do a good job on your rig though so a little thread derail I suppose is worth it! :thinking:

I was thinking it was a typo for BoBoR (Bear on Bear on Rodent). Rig definitely looks good though Meanst.

When you take ur rig to BoB's Offroad, be sure to keep ur meat locked up and out of reach. Bears will be bears...its instinctual... its their nature! Only you can help prevent forest fires!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372218859.236899.jpgImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1372218872.956482.jpg
Stage 1 complete with MTG's help. Stage 1.5 will be done by others: hard brake line re-route in the rear, extended brake lines at all corners, LCA skids and C-gussets, weld on the EVO front and rear trackbar brackets.

Stage 2 is all me (unless I can sucker MTG into helping again). Bumpers, 20" LED lightbar in the front, LED backup lights, winch and (hopefully) Trek Armor seat covers perhaps with some seat heaters.

Stay tuned if you are interested. All in all, this is a sweet middle of the road build and perfect for meanst's hunting needs.

As a side note, even though I haven't been driving it, I am sad to see it leave my garage. Jeeps just make you feel better, plain and simple.

Last edited:
Top Bottom