The Building of Meanst

JAGS

Hooked
Hey sharkey. Can I come crash on ur couch for a week and we can do my build? Seems like would be a blast to hang with ya for a couple days! 👍

Meanst

Lol who came over? I passed out at 8:30 in my chair last night. Text me when you get up I will bring the bloodiest over.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Got most everything done today. All that is left is the 20" light bar which hasn't yet arrived.

Here's the back in the daytime (with the lights on for effect) ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377402992.587087.jpg

Here is a poser shot.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1377403063.910636.jpg

Great looking rig.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Thanks. After the 20" light bar I think he will get EVO sliders and some armor for underneath, a CB, maybe some other odds and ends. I imagine he will be pretty much done at that point.

(Although I expect that somewhere down the road he will do a motor swap)

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Well look what is in my garage.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392444204.070003.jpg

It's time for Meanst to finally get that light bar and CB. In a couple of weeks, LoD sliders will be going on.

I'll post pics of my progress. The light bar will mount under the hoop like this:

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392444399.466072.jpg

He bought a Cobra 75 for the CB. I'm going to try to figure out a non-traditional mounting location because he wants the plug hidden. I think I may have figured something out, but I won't know for sure until I really get into it. I'll post pics as I go.

MTG

Caught the Bug
I think a double would have fit, but I think he likes the look of the single. I'm trying to talk him into throwing some duallies on the tabs on top of the bar.

How come you don't ever take knuckles and work on her? :grayno:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Because Knuckles always needs hard work, like new axles, EVAP rebuilds, etc. Lol!

But Knuckles is always welcome in my garage.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
I hear you brother, I have often wondered this myself on more than one build. Over the years I have probably had at a minimum four lights on each of my dozen plus off road vehicles and I bet each one I went back and forth on "do I just S-roll all the extra wire or do I trim to length?" Some I cut, some I didn't in hopes that I would scavenge the rig later to carry over to the next build......never happened.

Well, here I am again with a pre-manufactured "one size fits most" wiring harness. To make matters worse, they sent a harness for duallies instead of one single lightbar. I decided to hack it up and make my own using proper heat shrink connectors. I did reuse the sweet weatherproof disconnect so he can readily change out the light if he wants.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392491863.395879.jpg

Have to take a break for some family time, but I'll get this light all wired up later and post some pics.

Last edited:

IBeHeWhoIsJoshua

Can you tell or have you seen someone run the snap on caps for those flush mounted rigids? Would really like to run these when I get to that point but still want to be able to snap on the amber cover for dusty situations.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Can you tell or have you seen someone run the snap on caps for those flush mounted rigids? Would really like to run these when I get to that point but still want to be able to snap on the amber cover for dusty situations.

The snap on lenses I have seen would not work on the flush mounts.

Last edited:

GCM 2

Well, here I am again with a pre-manufactured "one size fits most" wiring harness. To make matters worse, they sent a harness for duallies instead of one single lightbar. I decided to hack it up and make my own using proper heat shrink connectors. I did reuse the sweet weatherproof disconnect so he can readily change out the light if he wants.

Have to take a break for some family time, but I'll get this light all wired up later and post some pics.

A few months ago I removed my last two PIAA 540's from my A-pillar mounts, now I am solely dependent on my Trucklite LED headlamps. Good thing they are pretty darn bright on high-beam. I did manage to salvage my wiring harness from the PIAA's, not sure what I will do with it :thinking:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Got the bar done. Here is a beauty shot with all lights on.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392519432.234355.jpg

Here is a shot with only the lightbar. Obviously I need to aim them.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392519469.629423.jpg

Here is the lightbar, Trucklite low beams, 2x2 led's in the factory fog spot, and 2x2 led's on the A-pillar.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392519646.687940.jpg

Most importantly, here are the two shots of honey MTG and I had from Wayalife shot glasses when MTG stopped by midway through the project to say hello.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392519733.835283.jpg

I will start looking at spots for the CB tomorrow.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Got the bar done. Here is a beauty shot with all lights on.

View attachment 69336

Here is a shot with only the lightbar. Obviously I need to aim them.

View attachment 69337

Here is the lightbar, Trucklite low beams, 2x2 led's in the factory fog spot, and 2x2 led's on the A-pillar.

View attachment 69338

Most importantly, here are the two shots of honey MTG and I had from Wayalife shot glasses when MTG stopped by midway through the project to say hello.

View attachment 69340

I will start looking at spots for the CB tomorrow.

Sick candy land game.

MTG

Caught the Bug
It scares me that you know that and don't even have kids. Hang out at the playground much?

:cheesy:

:cheesy:

He keeps asking when he can babysit. Now I'm glad I kept putting him off. :eek:

Light look great!

Thanks for the hospitality. ;)

Top Bottom