Cozdude's build of Knuckles

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
They are a pain the ass because the rod rotates down and the boot pulls the spring off. They make a flat cup washer that replaces those dumb boots.

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app

It does suck but the nice thing is that it allows the tie rod to rotate when it slides over rocks. If I had a Currie tie rod I might feel a little better about using the solid boots like that.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Think they're like 20-30 bucks a pair. I got tired of fixing the spring plus it helps keep the hydro steer cylinder from rotating along with the Rod.

Sent from my VS985 4G using WAYALIFE mobile app
Yea new ends will be $30 a side so I will get them and hopefully they come with a better design. We will see.
What are your thoughts on the dynatracs?

Sent from my XT1080 using WAYALIFE mobile app
What dynatracs are you referring to?

R

RockyMtnAnvil

They told me that they redesigned it but we will see.

Looks the same to me. I've had mine about 2 weeks. Here's a pic, (drag link, not tie rod), the spring isn't seated in the right spot just because I haven't set it up yet.

I just purchased and installed a Synergy tie rod and drag link... The manufacturing date on the tie rod was October of 2015 and had the semi-translucent boots and spring retainers. The manufacturing date of the drag link was June of 2016 and included black boots with a different retaining device... It's hard to explain and I don't have a picture at the moment, but it is a flat coiled wire (think of a retaining ring that wraps around itself one full circle). If the difficulty of getting it seated is any indication it should hold up better than the spring.

I wasn't upset about getting the "old" boots because with hydro assist on its way this is the route I am headed with the tie rod as well. I had to do some serious looking as the low misalignment boots are on back order. Called and emailed everywhere, included Synergy directly, and finally found them right here in my own back yard (Trail Jeeps) :doh:. There are rumors that Synergy is coming out with a new version of these as well which seal better, but I have found with most manufactures, waiting for "new and improved" versions is similar to waiting for the second coming! One in the hand and all that...

EDIT: Almost forgot! Nice build!

Last edited by a moderator:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just purchased and installed a Synergy tie rod and drag link... The manufacturing date on the tie rod was October of 2015 and had the semi-translucent boots and spring retainers. The manufacturing date of the drag link was June of 2016 and included black boots with a different retaining device... It's hard to explain and I don't have a picture at the moment, but it is a flat coiled wire (think of a retaining ring that wraps around itself one full circle). If the difficulty of getting it seated is any indication it should hold up better than the spring.

I wasn't upset about getting the "old" boots because with hydro assist on its way this is the route I am headed with the tie rod as well. I had to do some serious looking as the low misalignment boots are on back order. Called and emailed everywhere, included Synergy directly, and finally found them right here in my own back yard (Trail Jeeps) :doh:. There are rumors that Synergy is coming out with a new version of these as well which seal better, but I have found with most manufactures, waiting for "new and improved" versions is similar to waiting for the second coming! One in the hand and all that...

EDIT: Almost forgot! Nice build!

Awesome well that's good to know you got a newer version with a black boot and different retainer on it! Should do the trick till I decide to get the washer style like Ddays has for a hydro set up

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

Journeyman

I just dealt with synergy to warranty their lower ball joints. No problems with them. I just had to email them the original invoice, which of course I didn't have. But Offroad warehouse had a record of it on my purchase account so they sent it to me. Synergy sent me new lowers and requested that I send them the 7 month old ball joints I wore out. They even put a postage sticker inside the package pre paid for the return trip. I actually only had one lower that was worn out, but I was able to convince them that if one was bad the other one surely needed to be replaced.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I just dealt with synergy to warranty their lower ball joints. No problems with them. I just had to email them the original invoice, which of course I didn't have. But Offroad warehouse had a record of it on my purchase account so they sent it to me. Synergy sent me new lowers and requested that I send them the 7 month old ball joints I wore out. They even put a postage sticker inside the package pre paid for the return trip. I actually only had one lower that was worn out, but I was able to convince them that if one was bad the other one surely needed to be replaced.

My problem is I don't remember who I bought it from [emoji23][emoji23] maybe they will not need the receipt and just give me a discount on a new set which I'm fine with.

JeepDrum

My problem is I don't remember who I bought it from [emoji23][emoji23] maybe they will not need the receipt and just give me a discount on a new set which I'm fine with.

Do you remember if you posted where you got it from in this thread? It's probably quite a few pages back even if you did lol

Ddays

Hooked
Top Bottom