Noroad's Build

I'm wearing my rear brakes faster than the fronts too. I suspect this is due to me adjusting them closer all the time to try to make the e-brake work better. :idontknow: This always works for a week then it sucks as bad as it did before....

MTG

Caught the Bug
nice!! my fronts have a good amount left but that backs are done. Figured i would just do everything at once! 48000 miles

I'm wearing my rear brakes faster than the fronts too. I suspect this is due to me adjusting them closer all the time to try to make the e-brake work better. :idontknow: This always works for a week then it sucks as bad as it did before....

It's common for the backs to wear out faster than the fronts on the Jeeps. I replaced my backs already, but unlike Overlander, I don't drive like a 87 year old woman. ;)

noroad

Hahaha right! Figured i would just change them all and be done before winter hits! it will give me a chance to do a winter paint and buttom everything up!

noroad

It's common for the backs to wear out faster than the fronts on the Jeeps. I replaced my backs already, but unlike Overlander, I don't drive like a 87 year old woman. ;)

wait you dont drive the speed limit or less!!

sweet did you get one or two when you did the painting?

One was more than enough for two coats when before installation, but because the tip gets full of paint and then dries, I use a pen each time I touch it up. I didn't want to get into the habit of this, but my wife and son REALLY like the look and won't let me paint it all black now :crazyeyes:

noroad

One was more than enough for two coats when before installation, but because the tip gets full of paint and then dries, I use a pen each time I touch it up. I didn't want to get into the habit of this, but my wife and son REALLY like the look and won't let me paint it all black now :crazyeyes:

They do look badass tho! thanks just ordered that up!!

JAGS

Hooked
nice!! my fronts have a good amount left but that backs are done. Figured i would just do everything at once! 48000 miles

It's common for the backs to wear out faster than the fronts on the Jeeps. I replaced my backs already. ;)

Same here with the rear brakes. They were DONE at about 30K. Wore out much faster than fronts which are still about 65-70%. Also has to do with the auto traction control kicking in as that uses rear brakes.

noroad

Same here with the rear brakes. They were DONE at about 30K. Wore out much faster than fronts which are still about 65-70%. Also has to do with the auto traction control kicking in as that uses rear brakes.

O thats true as well!! what pads did you put in?

JAGS

Hooked
O thats true as well!! what pads did you put in?

OEM. The dealer did it while they were checking some other things out. Had to have the rotors resurfaced too. I got some bad intel at my service check before the Rubicon run at 28K saying all brakes were in the green (meaning 60% or more). Apparently they missed the rear inner pads which were at 0% by 30.5K. :mad:

Live and learn as I now have since reviewed Eddie's Brake replacement write up. There's a LOT to learn being new to Jeeps. :icon_crazy:

noroad

OEM. The dealer did it while they were checking some other things out. Had to have the rotors resurfaced too. I got some bad intel at my service check before the Rubicon run at 28K saying all brakes were in the green (meaning 60% or more). Apparently they missed the rear inner pads which were at 0% by 30.5K. :mad:

Live and learn as I now have since reviewed Eddie's Brake replacement write up. There's a LOT to learn being new to Jeeps. :icon_crazy:

Nice and that was a big over look i would say but hey it was at a dealer lol.

Also do you guys have any idea on why i can not grease some of my joins? i just will not go through! i tried changing the fittings on some of them and nothing!

noroad

So my new diff covers are in and im going to change the fluids as well, so my question is what should i use for a open stock 30 and a 44 with a locker?

noroad

So far my monday morning looks busy. o and its all going to be done before work at 2pm :cheesy::cheesy:!! Gona be fun, so far Jkwrang and darkknight1999 are my co-workers for the day, more are welcome!!!

1)sand and paint all rust/ trail damage
2)posion spyder diff cover and fluid change (going with a syn75w-110)
3)fix the front bent factory steel line on the frame
4)new front brake lines
5)complete brake change (pads and rotors)
6)new rear upper control arms
7)new trailer hitch
8)grease joints
9)

sean.m.adams33

So far my monday morning looks busy. o and its all going to be done before work at 2pm :cheesy::cheesy:!! Gona be fun, so far Jkwrang and darkknight1999 are my co-workers for the day, more are welcome!!!

1)sand and paint all rust/ trail damage
2)posion spyder diff cover and fluid change (going with a syn75w-110)
3)fix the front bent factory steel line on the frame
4)new front brake lines
5)complete brake change (pads and rotors)
6)new rear upper control arms
7)new trailer hitch
8)grease joints
9)

Is 9) supposed to be drink some beers??

Top Bottom