Noroad's Build

So yesterday when Mike and I went back out to our Jeeps, I carried my beer out with me... when we came back in I didn't have it and I couldn't remember where I put it down... I remembered where I put it down getting on the highway heading back to my house...

When it came flying off my front bumper! :burst into laughter :beer:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
So yesterday when Mike and I went back out to our Jeeps, I carried my beer out with me... when we came back in I didn't have it and I couldn't remember where I put it down... I remembered where I put it down getting on the highway heading back to my house...

Hahahahaha! Classic

noroad

hahah it made it that far lol!!!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Those hood latches are worth it. Why jeep didn't do something like this from the factory.

noroad

So everything is all changes up here us a pic of the new synergy tie rid and fox ats SS i picked up of a member! But the brakes have a noise to them like they are scratchy any ideas on what that could be?

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410547246.580288.jpg

Last edited:

scull20

So everything is all changes up here us a pic of the new synergy tie rid and fox ats SS i picked up of a member! But the brakes have a noise to them like they are scratchy any ideas on what that could be?

View attachment 99941

Bent squealer tabs on the pads making contact maybe? Do they sound scratchy all the time or only when applying the brakes?

This might sound really stupid, but I only ask because I have gotten in a hurry and done it.... Are the pads in correctly? If there is grinding there should be evidence to point you to the cause.

noroad

Nice!!!!

Take a look. Caliper sticking, something caught up in between the shield

thanks
Have been running through some ideas with some guys but nothing so far, its only when i brake. think i will give it another day or two and then rip it all apart again lol!

noroad

This might sound really stupid, but I only ask because I have gotten in a hurry and done it.... Are the pads in correctly? If there is grinding there should be evidence to point you to the cause.

Ill double check but im 100% sure i put them in the right way sound clip on the inside!

09blackruby

Do the jk brakes have those metal clips that the pads sit in? Usually new pads come with new ones. I just replaced my wife's brakes in her crv and those new clips were a little bigger than the factory ones and just barely touching the rotor. They made the same sound your explaining. I switched them with the originals and sound gone. Just a thought. I've not yet replaced my jk brakes so I'm not sure of their exact design.

noroad

Do the jk brakes have those metal clips that the pads sit in? Usually new pads come with new ones. I just replaced my wife's brakes in her crv and those new clips were a little bigger than the factory ones and just barely touching the rotor. They made the same sound your explaining. I switched them with the originals and sound gone. Just a thought. I've not yet replaced my jk brakes so I'm not sure of their exact design.

I was just talking about the clips haha i am going to have to look at that!

Top Bottom