Surprised by the Jeep OEM ROll Cage

relayer4u

He rolled it on a highway and all he says is he survived but didnt explain any injuries. Cant a link to the original post because its on another forum.

I would say to you that if you roll any vehicle at highway speeds it's going to be pretty ugly, and not just some kind of a week jeep sport bar issue!

:beer:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
He rolled it on a highway and all he says is he survived but didnt explain any injuries. Cant a link to the original post because its on another forum.

How about you copy and paste the info at least if you are going to bring a 15 month old thread back to life.

toxicwaste29

Since when has it been bad to use the search function and bring back old threads? Here it is though.

""Yes, the custom cages from most shops are way stronger than any sport cage. They do cost for quality work and material. Running with nothing until the one day when you can have a real cage is what I did on my last JK. I rolled my Jeep on the highway at 70 mph. I survived by Grace not by my weak OEM cage. The pictures show just how bad it goes. The windshield just allows everything to fold up. I have an OR-Fab cage with floor mounts and rear bars. I will do a poly version weld on in the rear when I can, but for now I am very happy with my sport cage and feel much safer with what I have and any day of running the stock.

Take if from someone that has seen this from upside down. You need a cage!""

I have made calls on countless roll overs at highway speed, and i can say that the factory roll cage is indeed strong. Doesnt mean that you cant add to it to make it even stronger. I dont care what your driving, any factory vehicle setup can be demolished by a roll over at highway speed.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I would say that the factory cage did its job as designed. Roll any vehicle at 70 and see what it looks like, I'm no expert but I bet it would look about the same as that JK. Is it beneficial to add to the factory cage, probably so.

Top Bottom