What was done to your rig this week?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Oh I was under the impression that I helps take some of the pressure off when the gate is closed because the tire sits a little bit on the plastic. Maybe I should just pull the trigger and take it off.

if you run a big enough tire that it sits on the bumper it will actually help the tailgate. it will help the tire from not jiggling or moveing even more so than the tire just sitting firmly agaisnt the bump stops. EVOLander is a great example of this. its running a 37" trail grappler and ATX slabs on the stock carrier for almost 40,000 miles. yes the stock carrier. :yup:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
if you run a big enough tire that it sits on the bumper it will actually help the tailgate. it will help the tire from not jiggling or moveing even more so than the tire just sitting firmly agaisnt the bump stops. EVOLander is a great example of this. its running a 37" trail grappler and ATX slabs on the stock carrier for almost 40,000 miles. yes the stock carrier. :yup:

Exactly, the tire sitting on the bumper is a bonus and will do an even better job of holding it in place.

Rubizon

Exactly, the tire sitting on the bumper is a bonus and will do an even better job of holding it in place.

Cool, thanks guys! I'm just going to keep saving up a little more so I can get a tire carrier and will get the EVO d-ring mounts at the same time.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Got under the Jeep and did some rust busting.

Attachments

• 1416689413170.jpg
    1416689413170.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 307
  • 1416689431487.jpg
    1416689431487.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 317
  • 1416689459461.jpg
    1416689459461.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 330
  • 1416689472814.jpg
    1416689472814.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 318

TimzToy

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416692565.080257.jpg

Got some new shoes today to go with
The 3-1/2" lift, Goodyear Duritrac's
315-70Rx17

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

noroad

Have been getting asked for pics of our recent upgrades, sorry for the way too clean poser shots from the cell phone.

Special thank you to the entire team at Off Road Evolution for all of the first class work and customer service, awesome job!

Added some unsprung Dynatrac weight...

View attachment 111565

Some sprung King weight...

View attachment 111566

12 more lug nuts and a much improved E-brake, ;-)...

View attachment 111567

View attachment 111568

Thank you everyone here for all the experience, help and answered questions/PM's along the way!

WOOOOWWW MAN :clap2::clap2::thumb: BAD ASS!!

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Have been getting asked for pics of our recent upgrades, sorry for the way too clean poser shots from the cell phone.

Special thank you to the entire team at Off Road Evolution for all of the first class work and customer service, awesome job!

Thank you everyone here for all the experience, help and answered questions/PM's along the way!

Wow, looks awesome! Really came out great!

thardy

Banned

View attachment 111565

Some sprung King weight...

View attachment 111566

12 more lug nuts and a much improved E-brake, ;-)...

View attachment 111567

View attachment 111568

Congrats man!

Rubizon

Decided to take off my rear bumper today and then went with what I read off of a previous thread and threw some rubber stoppers in the stock tailgate bump stops to extend them out.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416775407.416122.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416775421.877517.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1416775437.126857.jpg

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Decided to take off my rear bumper today and then went with what I read off of a previous thread and threw some rubber stoppers in the stock tailgate bump stops to extend them out.

View attachment 111874

Looks good, but if I could recommend getting longer stops. You want it literally pressing FIRM against the entire surface of the stop.

I ran the Daystar tailgate bumpstops when I had my stock carrier. The Pari set me back only about $15.

SaddleTramp

Thank you all for all the compliments, sorry, haven't been on the forum for a few days. Really appreciate and always humbled by all the help, support and expertise provided here.

Also thankful the wife hasn't made me sleep out in the garage with the Jeep...yet.

Thanks again everyone, look forward to getting out and meeting more of you all here out west!

Rubizon

Looks good, but if I could recommend getting longer stops. You want it literally pressing FIRM against the entire surface of the stop.

I ran the Daystar tailgate bumpstops when I had my stock carrier. The Pari set me back only about $15.

Ya, i saw them online, just wanted to try this method first being that it was so easy and inexpensive. guess ill be ordering a pair of the daystar bumps though. Thanks for looking out.

Ya, i saw them online, just wanted to try this method first being that it was so easy and inexpensive. guess ill be ordering a pair of the daystar bumps though. Thanks for looking out.

I would try to buy them in person if possible so you can check them out, The Daystars seem to have change, the newer ones are so soft and spongy I don't think the isolate at all - unless completely squeezed

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Don't get the daystars. The new version suck compared to the old version the used to make. You can get a control arm bushing or something similar that is a harder compound that will work better.

Rubizon

Don't get the daystars. The new version suck compared to the old version the used to make. You can get a control arm bushing or something similar that is a harder compound that will work better.

How would you go about mounting them though? any other good options that you have seen out there?

thanks!

Top Bottom