The Pumpkin "Build"

Armydog

Well since money is no problem in this scenario. Id say pro rock 60s with King coilovers. I say this only because I saw a TJ with this set up my last trip to Uwharrie. Im not sure if he stretched it as well but it certainly looked like it. You wanna talk about over kill... but awesome over kill. Plus (for us stick shift lovers) it was a stick.

Edit: I Googled the Genright set up for a TJ and it looks like the angle their coil overs a bit. Im pretty sure they work better if they are straight up.

Loading please wait....

I'm searching google for king coilovers. They make the coilovers themselves, that is what the genright kit uses. Does king make the mounts and brackets ie the kit? Or just the shocks?

Is there a reason why you would choose the ProRock over the rock jock?

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Armydog

Bump........anybody run genright coilovers on a TJ? Seen them run? Or have an opinion. What other coilover options are out there for my TJ?

Armydog

Sorry, Mr. TJ. I meant anyone else. Didn't mean to disrespect your previous contribution

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
I'm searching google for king coilovers. They make the coilovers themselves, that is what the genright kit uses. Does king make the mounts and brackets ie the kit? Or just the shocks?

Is there a reason why you would choose the ProRock over the rock jock?

I googled the genright set up. Im guessing that you can run any kind of coil over brand with their mounts. King only makes suspension components to my knowledge and does not make fab kts like genright.

As for the pro rocks over the Rock Jocks. I asked Ridg3runner about his in his build thread and (if my memory is correct) the only thing that is a pain about them is changing the diff fluid (because the covers are on top).

Personally I would run prorocks because of all the videos that WOL has produced. And most recently one that ORE put up on their FB page where they ran their TJ straight into a boulder and kept going!

Loading please wait....

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Sorry, Mr. TJ. I meant anyone else. Didn't mean to disrespect your previous contribution

Lol I didnt think your post was disrespectful. :beer:

Loading please wait....

Armydog

Bumpy bumpy bump.

Anyone have any knowledge and experience with coilover kits for the TJ? I am not flinging a lot of options in my searches online. Suggestions please......

David1tontj

Bumpy bumpy bump.

Anyone have any knowledge and experience with coilover kits for the TJ? I am not flinging a lot of options in my searches online. Suggestions please......

I've got a friend that has Coilovers on his Tj. Pretty sure it was just a completely custom setup. It should be super easy to fab brackets- just make sure they are super strong- they will be holding the entire weight of your rig plus impacts- not just stock shock towers..

I'm not sure how well his set up does off the road because in the years I've been inviting him to go wheeling he has never once been! Ha ha

Armydog

I've got a friend that has Coilovers on his Tj. Pretty sure it was just a completely custom setup. It should be super easy to fab brackets- just make sure they are super strong- they will be holding the entire weight of your rig plus impacts- not just stock shock towers..

I'm not sure how well his set up does off the road because in the years I've been inviting him to go wheeling he has never once been! Ha ha

Custom set up? That's way over my head I'm afraid............wish I had some mad fabrication skills. I would guess he got the coilovers first and then pieced it together. Did he buy builder's parts like mounts and stuff or scratch build everything? Sounds like you having any pictures is out of the question? Thanks for the input........

Still looking for additional input please...........................................

pvanweelden

As David said, mostly custom work for tj's as I don't think anyone makes any sort of bolt on kit. There are kits out there that require alot of fab work. Front-removal of stock mounts, weld in a shock hoop with a removable cross brace that goes over the motor to connect the two shock hoops. Rear- remove all stock, notch frame and install a wedge shock mount. One kit is $700 for the brackets

Sent from my SM-N900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

David1tontj

Custom set up? That's way over my head I'm afraid............wish I had some mad fabrication skills. I would guess he got the coilovers first and then pieced it together. Did he buy builder's parts like mounts and stuff or scratch build everything? Sounds like you having any pictures is out of the question? Thanks for the input........

Still looking for additional input please...........................................

Swung by his house today to get some pics. He wasn't home and hi neighbors were looking at me weird- so no underhood pics.

Forgive me- after ios8- my phone only loads 1 photo at a time. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1414819618.502198.jpg

Armydog

Thank you for the pictures. I appreciate it. I am glad you did not get arrested for simple trespass. I think I still need the long arm kit and then the coilovers..... was thinking that it was one or the other, but now I get that they are separate components of the total suspension system. Duh. Blonde moment. The coilovers would work with a clayton long arm system I would guess.

David1tontj

Thank you for the pictures. I appreciate it. I am glad you did not get arrested for simple trespass. I think I still need the long arm kit and then the coilovers..... was thinking that it was one or the other, but now I get that they are separate components of the total suspension system. Duh. Blonde moment. The coilovers would work with a clayton long arm system I would guess.

Yep. You can run any arms you want. The Coilovers are simply replacing your springs.. And I'm sure you understand the biggest perk to Coilovers is that you have two different springs. A soft one and a stiffer one, an they are adjustable.

I too hope for Coilovers some day, but in my situation I need to keep my rear seat, and that makes everything harder.

Top Bottom