The Pumpkin "Build"

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
Was looking a a pile of them loose. Might be worth a shot on the pumpkin. Don't want to be a hummer wanna be, but nice idea not your have to lift the spare and these suckas hold solid as a rock

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

It's actually pretty cool.

Armydog

Aired the sneakers down to 10psi with my new ARB deflator. Definitely makes them stickier!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410924605.915734.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1410924617.310068.jpg

Armydog

Ok. Just ordered a set of upper rear control arms. BDS. I need to correct the pinion angle but didn't want to spend a lot as the eventual plan is still a clayton long arm kit....

How hard is the install going to be? It seems pretty straightforward. WhT angle is recommended or should I just eyeball it straight from the pinion to the output?? I bet there is a write up but I didn't find it.

Armydog

Put the hardtop on the pumpkin to get ready for the cold weather....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412466958.241912.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1412466972.701252.jpg

Armydog

Ok. Just ordered a set of upper rear control arms. BDS. I need to correct the pinion angle but didn't want to spend a lot as the eventual plan is still a clayton long arm kit....

How hard is the install going to be? It seems pretty straightforward. WhT angle is recommended or should I just eyeball it straight from the pinion to the output?? I bet there is a write up but I didn't find it.

Bump the question...."...........".........".......

Armydog

It could be argued that I suffer from a disorder or two everyday..... But, hoping someone will give me the benefit of their experience installing upper rear control arms in a TJR. At the risk of respecting myself I bumped my own thread to keep the question at the top...... sorry if that is inappropriate

Tigrcky

It could be argued that I suffer from a disorder or two everyday..... But, hoping someone will give me the benefit of their experience installing upper rear control arms in a TJR. At the risk of respecting myself I bumped my own thread to keep the question at the top...... sorry if that is inappropriate

Naw just giving you flak! I'd answer it for ya but I have only messed with the fronts and that was only replacing stock ones per a customer's request

Sent from my whatchamacallit

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door

It isn't hard at all. Just tedious. You have to adjust each side one at a time a little bit at a time. Then make sure it's the same length on each side. More time consuming than hard.

Armydog

It isn't hard at all. Just tedious. You have to adjust each side one at a time a little bit at a time. Then make sure it's the same length on each side. More time consuming than hard.

Ok. Tedious I can do. Especially if it saves me the $104 per hour the local shop is going to charge for labor......how about the angle? Is just pointing straight at the transfer case output good enough or do I need a specific angle? Tango in advance.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Ok. Tedious I can do. Especially if it saves me the $104 per hour the local shop is going to charge for labor......how about the angle? Is just pointing straight at the transfer case output good enough or do I need a specific angle? Tango in advance.

I'm assuming it's going to be the same as my jk so yes, you want you pinion point right at the transfer case

Armydog

Cool, busy week this week and the dodge is in getting headers and a cat back exhaust so if the control arms come in maybe by the weekend I'll be able to install them under my Pumpkin

Armydog

My control arms for the pumpkin are in. Exhaust on the dodge is done- sounds more like a hemi should sound now. Might get to install the pumpkin arms on Monday....

Armydog

On my way to Danbury to pick up the BDS control arms for the pumpkin..........had to make a pit stop first......... ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413235872.219695.jpg

Got the control arms from EVB in Danbury. I love it when a local shop can beat the internet prices. I think it's a good thing to support local business when I can.....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413235980.681635.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413235995.078671.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413236014.091034.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413236026.013370.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413236040.043427.jpg

Not to deny Brown Santa the privilege of brining gifts to my door......the lift arms for the pumpkins rear glass came in today....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1413236114.498526.jpg

It took less than five minutes to put those on, wish the control arms were gonna be THAT easy!!!

Armydog

22OCT! Where did this month go?
Finally put in the replacement switches for my LEDs. I'll put the dash back together tomorrow after work. Maybe the control arms this weekend........

Armydog

Ok, soliciting opinions here.....

Anyone ever run the genright coil over setup on a TJ??? Ever see one or know someone with it? My dream budget has not limits, so I'm just spit-balling here, but it is in the same price range as a Clayton long arm kit AND it's a coil over set up for a TJ. Any love on this? Opinions?

Second question. Please feel free to answer both. ProRock60 front and rear vs Currie RockJock60 front and rear axles? Again, if money were no object and assuming either manufacturer's axles built to the max. Which would you choose and why?

Thank you in advance for all input given.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy
Well since money is no problem in this scenario. Id say pro rock 60s with King coilovers. I say this only because I saw a TJ with this set up my last trip to Uwharrie. Im not sure if he stretched it as well but it certainly looked like it. You wanna talk about over kill... but awesome over kill. Plus (for us stick shift lovers) it was a stick.

Edit: I Googled the Genright set up for a TJ and it looks like the angle their coil overs a bit. Im pretty sure they work better if they are straight up.

Loading please wait....

Last edited:
Top Bottom