The Pumpkin "Build"

Armydog

ORO led taillights and Warrior Product license plate relocation kit with third break light (LED), see a theme here?

Armydog

Recon 4" LED spots, two on the bumper and two on windshield hinge mounts. The mounts are also Warrior Products I think, forgot where I ordered them from but the receipt is here somewhere.....

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392771504.016644.jpg

Oh, yea, the orange trail flag as well.... Cute!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392771568.811836.jpg

Armydog

So, right around this point I decided that I "needed" a PS louvered hood panel. You, know because all the extra heat here in the snowy east coast needs a way to escape during low speed crawls. I admit, I just like how it looks the function was a distant second but I may never admit that in public!

Either way, believe me it was NERVE WRACKING taking off my perfectly good hood and gutting it. I was scared to death, but in for a penny any way. It came out pretty good IMHO. I changed out the hardware for black oxide coated bolts and stainless nuts and washers, wanted the black to be visible..

Trying to upload the progress pictures minus my tears.....

Armydog

So, right around this point I decided that I "needed" a PS louvered hood panel. You, know because all the extra heat here in the snowy east coast needs a way to escape during low speed crawls. I admit, I just like how it looks the function was a distant second but I may never admit that in public!

Either way, believe me it was NERVE WRACKING taking off my perfectly good hood and gutting it. I was scared to death, but in for a penny any way. It came out pretty good IMHO. I changed out the hardware for black oxide coated bolts and stainless nuts and washers, wanted the black to be visible..

Trying to upload the progress pictures minus my tears.....

Ok, here goes an attempt at photo upload.......

Hood Progress. Pumpkin (1).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (2).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (3).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (4).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (5).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (6).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (7).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (8).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (9).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (10).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (11).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (12).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (13).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (14).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (15).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (16).jpg Hood Progress. Pumpkin (17).jpg

BigEv

I have been debating if I am going to get that hood from PSC, or not. I really like the look. But with the rear holes facing outwards, I am curious about not cutting out the hood so water doesn't get to close to my intake (carb)... maybe I'm over thinking it.

Free shipping at 4wd.com so its a good time... be right back, gotta go order it!

Armydog

I have been debating if I am going to get that hood from PSC, or not. I really like the look. But with the rear holes facing outwards, I am curious about not cutting out the hood so water doesn't get to close to my intake (carb)... maybe I'm over thinking it.

Free shipping at 4wd.com so its a good time... be right back, gotta go order it!

I eventually plan on an ARB snorkel so water into the intake shouldn't be a issue. I was concerned that melting snow today may be an issue with water getting into the engine compartment, but it did not seem to be.... I'll post updates after some more use.

Armydog

The next cutting job was the rear wheel wells.... I decided that I like the look and design of MetalCloak over line front tube fenders. Very narrow, round LED turn indicators ( theme here ) and a lot a room for bigger sneakers! The MC rock sliders are solid, integrate with the front and rear fenders and seem to perform well, plus my wife needs a step to help her getting into the pumpkin. I have to buy stuff piece meal as I can spare the money, so I decided on the sliders first figuring that they offered actual protection rather than esthetics. I ordered them powder coated, but when they came they were chipped and scratched in several places!

Nothing major, but it pissed me off just the same.... And I had already removed and sold the stock rubicon plates...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816106.197185.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816152.493370.jpg

Side note, I FREEKING HATE NUTSERTS! Somebody please make an alternative to this crappy tech.

Good news, I contacted MetalCloak about the damaged PC and Matson refunded the entire cost of the powder coat. After reading the PDF instructions I realized the best practice is too install the fenders first before the rails... I immediately ordered the rear fender mounts in the modified cut. I was considering full corner guards but didn't like the look as much, would want them powder coated to match the jeep and this would have to be done locally to get the orange correct- plus the credit I got almost covered the cost of the modified mounts instead. So that's how I went. I like the look. Might want full corners someday but not sure, these look solid and mounted up nice...

Here's some pictures of the progress...
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816864.162410.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816886.137185.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816612.119259.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816630.148732.jpg

I primer and paint under everything hopping that keeps the cancer at bay, fingers crossed...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816702.143568.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816725.679679.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816754.028266.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816770.215388.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816784.002983.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816802.718797.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816825.002285.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816845.845537.jpg

Simultaneously, I installed 2" hub-centric wheel spacers to compensate for the stock type steel rims and give me a wider stance. To hell with my wheel bearings, I can use the practice changing them anyway!!!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392817036.186570.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392816702.143568.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392817080.182602.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392817103.797210.jpg

Oh, and the steel rims had stupid blue and red pinstripes inside the lip. Sanded them and sprayed them flat back. Spayed the center cap flat black and bought black lug nuts! Looks better to me.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392817248.715661.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1392817269.132583.jpg

Haven't done the spare yet, but maybe this weekend. Had to take the pumpkin out for a snow ride. Went up a trail next to my house and got stuck! Winched out off a tree nearby, but it took almost all the cable and two 20' straps to reach. I need a winch with longer synthetic line!!! Washed the snow off the underbody and running gear, didn't want to shake to death on the highway. The next day I took the pumpkin to work so I fouls play in the snow a little more.

Notes, with no rear fender everything gets messy very quickly from tire spray. I might have to consider flares when the top comes off, or else I'll have to wear a tyveck suit when it rains!! AND ( no surprise) the pan has got to get tucked up soon. That dropped belly pan is a freaking shovel!!! This cannot be good. Planning my next move....

Armydog

First attempt at crawling a man made obstacle. It was pretty intense. No spotter. Wet and freezing rain / black ice condition..... But I got up that damn curb!!!!

Opps, no picture......

pvanweelden

^ lol, no picture= didn't happen :D

fender cut looks really good! :thumb:

We have the same rust demons here in iowa :grayno:

David1tontj

Haha. That seriously made me laugh!!

You must have a long arm kit!!??
I just read up on your build, everything is looking great! I'm getting ready to cut some sheet metal soon as well.. I also like the metal cloak fenders, but I'm a cheap-ass, so I'll be fabbing my own.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Armydog

Haha. That seriously made me laugh!!

You must have a long arm kit!!??
I just read up on your build, everything is looking great! I'm getting ready to cut some sheet metal soon as well.. I also like the metal cloak fenders, but I'm a cheap-ass, so I'll be fabbing my own.

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Thanks dude, I need to win powerball so I can build what I really want!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Top Bottom