The Pumpkin "Build"

Armydog

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428780364.354761.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428780433.533148.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428780526.631653.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428780625.806318.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428780715.834492.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1428780832.889484.jpg
Nose job is complete. I like the rhino horn look.....

Poison Spyder BFH base bumper I found used and a Poison Spyder buggy comp stinger I had welded and gusseted on by a friend who is a welder

Some etching primer out of a rattle can (5 coats to be exact) and flat black rustoleum over that....

Ready to roll! Forward. Hope not!

LetsGoMuddin

Looking good, I'm so glad to have the top down on my TJ finally! I just got my Metalcloak fenders and I can't wait to get them installed!

Armydog

Looking good, I'm so glad to have the top down on my TJ finally! I just got my Metalcloak fenders and I can't wait to get them installed!

You're going to love them! They are the bomb on a TJ! MC suspensions are not my bag of tea but the fenders are sexy as hell! Post pictures when you get them on your rig...

Armydog

So...

Several of the LEDs were or had failed on the passenger ORO taillight. This is the second time this has happened on the same side. No damage, no visible cause, ground is solid, wires are soldered and shrink wrapped..... so no clue as to what has caused the failure......

Point of this story, I contacted Red and Mark at Off Road Only and cannot say enough to praise the customer service they provided. I sent them a picture of the taillight (front and back) and an explanation. Poof, three days later Brown Santa delivered a complete new SET of taillight to my door step....

CUDOS to a great company. I truly hope this issue is behind me now (pun intended)

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431537537.213070.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431537633.333367.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1431537648.894170.jpg

Moabbnd

Jeep is looking great!

The OROs are known for that type of failure, which is why many are going with the Savvy taillights. ORO warranty is great though! Glad they could be quick in replacing them

Armydog

Jeep is looking great!

The OROs are known for that type of failure, which is why many are going with the Savvy taillights. ORO warranty is great though! Glad they could be quick in replacing them

So I'm learning, but thankfully the customer service has been awesome. Live and learn I guess

Napalm

Should put the specs for the Pumpkin as she sits right now:

2005 TJ Rubicon
Impact Orange
4.0 stock
5 speed manual
1" Daystar body lift
4" Zone lift with belly drop
Hard(stock) and Soft Tops(best top NX frame less)
Metal Cloak Rock Sliders
Metal Cloak rear modified flare mounts (no flares)
Poison Spyder hood vent
RECON 55w spot lights (X4)
Paramount front and Rear XRC clone bumpers
XRC clone swing away tire carrier
2" wheel spacers (no name)
35X12.5X15 Mickey Ts
15" steel wheels (no name)
ShittyBuilt XRC10 winch with steel cable
ORO LED tail lights
Warrior Products plate relocation w/ LED 3rd break light
Orange trail/dune flag
Front and Rear locker bypass relay
Orange shock boots
Stock D44s front and rear
Stock D shafts front and rear
Stock T-case
Trail Ready Cab Cover
Tuff Mudder Orange headband - hanging from the rear view (TriState 2013 / going again this year!)

I think that covers her(LOL) as she sits right now....

How do you like your winch?

Armydog

How do you like your winch?

So far, ok. I changed the steel cable for synthetic line. Had to replace the solenoid but it works. I am no hardcore wheeler but it's pulled the Pumpkin out of both snow and mud several times. Without it I would have been out of luck

Still it's a shitty-built and I figure it's gonna shit the Chinese made bed one of these days.....

When that happens I will be looking to upgrade to an American made warn....

Sorry for the long answer

Scoop315

Caught the Bug
You're giving this owner of a stock 2006 Wrangler hope for the future build. Awesome job on the Pumpkin. I like to see how you're doing the work on your own, and learning the rig.

I'm curious why it's only a 5 speed transmission on your jeep (maybe I missed something?).

Still, I have to comment that the best thing I've seen in all the pics is the furry black and brown guy hanging around the jeep.

Armydog

You're giving this owner of a stock 2006 Wrangler hope for the future build. Awesome job on the Pumpkin. I like to see how you're doing the work on your own, and learning the rig.

I'm curious why it's only a 5 speed transmission on your jeep (maybe I missed something?).

Still, I have to comment that the best thing I've seen in all the pics is the furry black and brown guy hanging around the jeep.

Must have typed it wrong on the profile, it's a six speed manual - although I almost never use sixth gear......with the 35's. The fury co-pilot is definitely the best jeep mod I have - tango!

Top Bottom