The building of knuckles

FoxC

Knuckles is looking bad ass brother!

I started on my evo lift today. Pulling the drive shaft in this heat was fun!:icon_crazy: I'll start with fr coils tonight...too damn hot!

Cant wait to see pics of JKX...:rock:
Cheers,
Craig

MTG

Caught the Bug
FoxC said:
Knuckles is looking bad ass brother!

I started on my evo lift today. Pulling the drive shaft in this heat was fun!:icon_crazy: I'll start with fr coils tonight...too damn hot!

Cant wait to see pics of JKX...:rock:
Cheers,
Craig

Yeah. I can't imagine wrenching down there in the summer. I was dying today and it was only in the 90s.

MTG

Caught the Bug
So at the end of the day Sharkey and I managed to get the new battery installed, wired up the LOD rear lights, install and wire 4 rock lights, install 2 side marker lights, reroute existing switches and the ones for the new lights to a daystar switch panel located on the center console and wire up the winch. In spite of my electrical ineptitude, I have to say these turned out pretty damn clean. Everything is ran in a wire loom and the connections are encased with water-proof heat shrunk connections. Just need to adjust the rock lights when it's dark and I'll try to get a pic.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
^^We didn't knock everything off the list...but we got the tedious stuff done and it was a productive day (in spite of my work interruptions.) I can't wait to see the night pics.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Sharkey said:
^^We didn't knock everything off the list...but we got the tedious stuff done and it was a productive day (in spite of my work interruptions.) I can't wait to see the night pics.

Whatever dude. You dude most the work and brought all the brain power. ;)

LOD and rock lights.

image-354123109.jpg

Rear.

image-2905938839.jpg

Front.

image-533850669.jpg

GCM 2

Looks like you and Sharkey had a productive weekend! Can't wait to see all the work in person. :thumb:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Nice! May have to add one more burner to each side in the middle of the Jeep. I have an idea for mounting one in between the EVO sliders and the EVO skins, almost where the Rubi rails used to sit.

MTG

Caught the Bug
Front 1/2 of Rockhard sport cage installed last night. Turned out pretty good I think. Color matched paint except on dash bar, which was done in flat black. Thanks to Sharkey for helping last night!

image-2342611632.jpg

image-487231101.jpg

image-2500299856.jpg

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Front 1/2 of Rockhard sport cage installed last night. Turned out pretty good I think. Color matched paint except on dash bar, which was done in flat black. Thanks to Sharkey for helping last night!

WOW!! that looks great!! how'd the install go and how is the fitment on the dash? the one I have on my 07 was a pain to install and ended up pushing on the sides of the dash enough to warrant a little trimming. Still, it was easier to install than our old OR-FAB. Looking for something to get for Rubicat and any feedback you can provide would be most appreciated. :yup:

MTG

Caught the Bug
WOW!! that looks great!! how'd the install go and how is the fitment on the dash? the one I have on my 07 was a pain to install and ended up pushing on the sides of the dash enough to warrant a little trimming. Still, it was easier to install than our old OR-FAB. Looking for something to get for Rubicat and any feedback you can provide would be most appreciated. :yup:

Honestly, someone with experience could probably do this in an afternoon. I had predrilled the holes (only messed up one of them :doh:) before I had it painted. I think you could make it fit without trimming the dash (the instructions do not make any mention of trimming), but it pushed on it enought that I hit the sides of the dash with dremmel to make it fit better.

We had the front sides and dash bar installed in about 45 minutes. Running a thread chaser took the most time as did cutting/installing the roll cage cover. Tonight we'll drill the holes for the back and install the rear passenger center support. Then we will trim the corner molding, which I think will be the most time consuming part of the install. I think we might drop the windshield to ensure the best fit.

I have not installed another cage but have seen the ORFAB in person. I like the floor tie in feature of ORFAB, but I am completely happy with this. I might look to have some rear roll bar supports made at some point.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
okay, about what i was thinking - some trimming of the dash is still required.

the white paint looks a lot better than i was expecting but, looking at your pics, images of stormtroopers kept popping in my head :crazyeyes:

MTG

Caught the Bug
okay, about what i was thinking - some trimming of the dash is still required.

the white paint looks a lot better than i was expecting but, looking at your pics, images of stormtroopers kept popping in my head :crazyeyes:

Yeah, it is a lot of black and white isn't it? Perhaps I need an accent color? Where is our man Greg for all things asthetic?

Actually, I bought the padding kit for it as well (not so much for it, but for my big head :cheesy:). Much of the white will be covered in black when it's all done.

jktubby

Yeah, it is a lot of black and white isn't it? Perhaps I need an accent color? Where is our man Greg for all things asthetic?

Actually, I bought the padding kit for it as well (not so much for it, but for my big head :cheesy:). Much of the white will be covered in black when it's all done.

Same color like your interior might set it off?? :idontknow: but i like the white with black it looks good! :thumb:

GCM 2

did you call? Haha, I knew that my JK interior design center and custom Naugahyde seat recovering service would catch on! The cage looks great :rock:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
wayoflife said:

The Rock Hard is a much easier install IMHO.

Top Bottom