Artec

GCM 2

And where were you last night? :cheesy: :crazyeyes: :D

Well for whatever reason, last night my Internet sales volume reached peaked levels. You see I sell these novelty 'aluminum foil wrapped, polished turd' gift items, and sales were through the roof. :thinking:

jims68

This digital thing sure messes with everyone feelings. I just love how two human beings can get so worked up over an inanimate object! Wow! Like I tell my colleague engineers in my work group "Get off your asses and talk to the guy in the next cube!" Instead they text each other back and forth and I sit in a mouse infested substation waiting for an answer! Funny thing is get these two inanimate jeeps next to each other with two DIFFERENT human beings in them add some refreshment and they are buds for life! THATS WHY I LOVE JEEPS!

This digital thing sure messes with everyone feelings. I just love how two human beings can get so worked up over an inanimate object! Wow! Like I tell my colleague engineers in my work group "Get off your asses and talk to the guy in the next cube!" Instead they text each other back and forth and I sit in a mouse infested substation waiting for an answer! Funny thing is get these two inanimate jeeps next to each other with two DIFFERENT human beings in them add some refreshment and they are buds for life! THATS WHY I LOVE JEEPS!

Welcome to Wayalife👍

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Ah Ha you took my gist wrong! How's that V8 running! I remember a short time back when you doubted the great Robbie and all his wisdom! I'm still tampering with the LS to get it the WAY I want it. Just saying there is ALLWAYS more then one way to skin a cat but there sure are a lot of the same color no? I ALLWAYS get a second opinion when it comes to my health and now my JEEP! May be just a reality check but then there are several billion of us on this giant rock!

Wow. You are in communications?!? Do you always spell always as follows: ALLWAYS?

David1tontj

Been 20 years since I have flash burned, burned a hole in my arm from a piece of slag while trying to complete a weld and take a ball of slag down an ear because I didn't rotate my hat!

I had slag in my ear a couple times before I got the great idea to wear earplugs while welding.. ANY and EVERY time I weld under my jeep now, I wear earplugs. Nothing quite as bad as that sizzling on your eardrum!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

jims68

Was a welder till my early 20's when I looked around and seen all my decrepit coworkers in there mid 40's and decided college wasn't such a bad idea! I remember my physical for a job at Kodak, the film company, and the doc asked if I smoked. Told him I use to be a welder and he just said OK and moved on. That was after only seven years! Lost a great uncle and a cousin to lung cancer both were welders. Still like to weld but pay for it afterwards!

jims68

After checking my ALLWAYS debacle, Siri ignores a misspelling after you ignore it, I have corrected my misgiving so ALWAYS is being screamed correctly no thanks to my friend Sharky our ever present Lawyer! Enough rhetoric I'm tired good night!!

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ah Ha you took my gist wrong! How's that V8 running! I remember a short time back when you doubted the great Robbie and all his wisdom! I'm still tampering with the LS to get it the WAY I want it. Just saying there is ALLWAYS more then one way to skin a cat but there sure are a lot of the same color no? I ALLWAYS get a second opinion when it comes to my health and now my JEEP! May be just a reality check but then there are several billion of us on this giant rock!

LOL!! Nah, I got it but I think it's you who misunderstood me. Sure, I can comment on matters like this with experience now but that was not by design. Unlike you, I don't "PLAN" on breaking stuff and if anything, I would prefer NOT to. The fact that I have and can now talk about it isn't exactly something I'm always happy about and if anything, it down right sucked when it happened. If there were better parts available when I first ran most of the stuff I've broken or even had someone who could have directed me in a better direction and based on trusted experience, I personally would have taken it. But again, that's just me.

The V8 is running good, power is nice but it's still got some issues with belt chirps on startup, okay power steering at an idle but neither of those are necessarily Motech issues. AC seems to have some issues at times but, a simple turning the switch on and off usually fixes it.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well for whatever reason, last night my Internet sales volume reached peaked levels. You see I sell these novelty 'aluminum foil wrapped, polished turd' gift items, and sales were through the roof. :thinking:

:cheesy: .........

jims68

I guess the board he uses for the shift display he is also using to help with the air condition cycling issues now. The kit I have he put a low pressure cut off in series with the high cutoff to control cycling. I took this out and it seemed to help. Added refrigerant but this was a mistake! It likes it on the low side. I think he lets the jeep CanBus handle this more.
I apologize! I am in your sand box and not playing nice. With your yawning out loud and such you were showing boredom and not apathy for people that can bore you when they don't listen. Your comment shows you do listen and do care! I knew you had it in you! Enjoy your Sunday!

Jim

JAGS

Hooked
Actually no, preheating will not have the same effect. Preheating will only allow the axle to bend more easily and evenly as it is welded. So if you are trying to achieve the banana look for an axle, preheating the tubes should help you accomplish this like a pro. However, placing an axle into a fixture, applying an ever so slight hydraulically positive bend into it before welding, will account for the natural drawing/shrinking of the tubes toward the truss they are being electrically glued to (see above 'banana' shaped axle for an example of axle tubes drawing toward the truss). The fixture and preload allows the housing and tubes to remain straight and true, but Wayoflife already pointed this out, so I guess I am piling on now :idontknow:

Well, this answer is kind of complicated, but here goes: In short, 'RACE TEAMS' tend to just go f'ing bat shit crazy when the green flag drops, emotions (and some other scientific medical shit) are involved and the instinct to win overrides the strength of most metals. So what is a 'RACE TEAM' to do in the epic constant battle of overall vehicle weight versus overall parts strength versus overall cost? 1) the team could build everything possible on the race car out of Inconel (see space shuttle, rocket surgery), but it would weigh 17 metric shit tonnes (I'm not british, but I don't know what type of weight standards Canadians use) and it would cost more than the USA's national debt to build. 2) you could be sensible and buy the best components your 'RACE TEAM' can afford, then you use things like a truss, which is going to add structure and rigidness to an already beefy race spec part, with little added weight (especially if you use a dimple die cutter to place high tech looking holes in the metal, which actually make the truss stronger too, all while saving weight)

For the average off roader, trusses are not so much a waste of money in my eyes, as they are little reward for the effort that it takes to install them on an already inferior component like stock axles......so I guess after reading this sentence a few times, I am really just saying they are a waste of money :thinking: If you are going to get all the labor of installing sleeves and trusses for free, than maybe it could be a temporary fix and a bargain at that. But in the end, did you make it stronger? Sure, but you have still not built a holistically strong axle, just fixed only one flaw (or two at best) in an inferior design of a stock part. Key word being- inferior...and design...and stock....and part. Keep this on the down low and all, but I happen to know a guy who owns a shop, he can install his mfg company's axle sleeves, C gussets and anyones truss you want, and make a boooaaattt load of cash on labor, or he can install any mfg.'s aftermarket axle for a lot less in labor on his part. Guess which solution he recommends; THE AXLES, every time! In fact he only recommends C gussets as an upgrade for strength on stock axles, as all the other stuff is a waste of money. Then again, the guy is one of the most honest and ethically sound business guys I have every met.

We can only hope that this thread answers the original poster's question and he can make an informed decision, and maybe learn from hundreds of guys who choose one direction, only to find that cheaper fix initially, was in the long run much more expensive. And in closing, please never, ever, EVER mention a CRJ and a Pro Rock 44 in the same thread again as though they are equals, as this is quite literally a slap in the face of anyone who is running a CRJ. Could you imagine if you owned a CRJ and someone continually made comments about how their PR44 was proudly assembled in the USA, made with metals only sourced from steel mills in the USA, offered more ground clearance than a stock Dana 44, was bolt-in compatible with a JK's electronics, was available with the correct amount of castor built in to it for most lift sizes, available with stock or after market wheel bolt patterns, dynaloc and stub hub kit, I could go on but it is just upsetting to CRJ owners. Just imagine how the CRJ owner would feel knowing all of that about the PR44? Doesn't feel too good does it......

Thank you for your time

GCM 2, Esquire

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app
[/QUOTE]

:cheesy::cheesy: I wish you had more time to hang out and post. You truly have a way with words my friend! :yup: While a rare treat, I always look forward to reading your posts. Stay safe and hopefully I'll catch you at an event soon (Glen Helen?). :thumb:

- Jason

Armydog

I had slag in my ear a couple times before I got the great idea to wear earplugs while welding.. ANY and EVERY time I weld under my jeep now, I wear earplugs. Nothing quite as bad as that sizzling on your eardrum!!

My ride- 2001 power wheel, 11" plastic tires, upgraded battery, boat sides, custom bumpers, tow hooks, new paint.

Good idea, I really want to learn how to weld. Gonna pick up a small welder and play around with some scrap...

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

Armydog

LOL!! Nah, I got it but I think it's you who misunderstood me. Sure, I can comment on matters like this with experience now but that was not by design. Unlike you, I don't "PLAN" on breaking stuff and if anything, I would prefer NOT to. The fact that I have and can now talk about it isn't exactly something I'm always happy about and if anything, it down right sucked when it happened. If there were better parts available when I first ran most of the stuff I've broken or even had someone who could have directed me in a better direction and based on trusted experience, I personally would have taken it.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ YUP^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

What he said........ I would rather learn from your expensive mistake (investment) and save some of my precious little money for stuff that works in the long run.

I don't want to break anything. I don't want to pay for repairs, would rather pay for upgrades - that last. Everything can be broken, it just depends on how hard you abuse (use) it. I too wish that the tech that is out there today was available when I first wheeled the old CJ5!!! Jeeps are supper cool these days and the sport has come a very long way.

Please, Keep the opinions, advice, and suggestions coming strong. I love the experience on this forum. I'm going to buy stuff for my jeep so please help me buy the right stuff!!!!!!!

Sent from my iPad using WAYALIFE mobile app.......

GCM 2

:cheesy::cheesy: I wish you had more time to hang out and post. You truly have a way with words my friend! :yup: While a rare treat, I always look forward to reading your posts. Stay safe and hopefully I'll catch you at an event soon (Glen Helen?). :thumb: - Jason

Jason, I have actually been away doing a 5 week long selection and assessment for work (staying employed is fairly significant!). The weeks have been filled with days that were 16-18hrs long, so when I returned to the hotel every night I attempted to catch up on threads, but mostly just answered PM's from fellas. In fact I have not been off road since being the co-pilot in EVO1 and EVOTJ back in February for King of the Hammers. I will attempt to participate more where a touch of 'ass-clown-etry' (actual word) mixed with facts is needed. Now back to our regular scheduled thread already underway...,,,

Last edited:
Top Bottom