Napalm's NEW 2014 Jeep JKU Sport Picture diary/Build thread!

Napalm

Took Onyx in for a tire rotation today and found that the right side tires are "cupping" on the inside.

I'm thinking this is due to alignment, anyone else had this issue?

Having Onyx aligned Friday morning.

While I was at Discount Tire, I had a chance to check out the new BFG All terrain KM2. I love em! Wish it was time to upgrade tires...

(Obligatory garage photo, because why not)
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429725132.231409.jpg

tyscty

While I was in VA the wife and I where surprising my son with some new 35". But after searching high and low for local dealers versus online with shipping cost, we actually were able to save... And I absolutely hate saying this... But we got him Nitto Trail Grapplers from walmart online and had them delivered to the store for free shipping.

I know it's not the same tires, but gives you an option to save some money.

Napalm

While I was in VA the wife and I where surprising my son with some new 35". But after searching high and low for local dealers versus online with shipping cost, we actually were able to save... And I absolutely hate saying this... But we got him Nitto Trail Grapplers from walmart online and had them delivered to the store for free shipping.

I know it's not the same tires, but gives you an option to save some money.

Nothing wrong with Wally World. I buy from discount just because they are good at standing behind their work and doing things well.

Napalm

Onyx dropped off for a four wheel alignment
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429804041.143532.jpg

Afterwards, a test drive through the forest was in order. Onyx drives like a new Cadillac!
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1429804082.787632.jpg

Napalm

Was it off very much? I have the leveling kit installed also and wonder if I need to get an alignment.

It was not enough to notice, but DT said it was causing uneven wear on the inside of my tires on the right side.

After the alignment though I can definitely tell. It drives so smooth, it's like it's brand new.

Napalm

Ha ha! I know it! You should see mine right now. Driving home from Odessa last week it sounded like rain with the amount of bugs. :doh: I actually ran out of windshield washer fluid for the first time.

Nothing pisses me off more than the sound of a June bug dying on my windshield or Bumper.

jconn47

Up and coming projects for Onyx:

Relocate CB to an overhead position and rewire.
Wash the Jeep.

I should probably do that as well. Do you clean out the engine compartment? How do you go about doing that? Mine is super muddy.

Napalm

So I don't make rookie mistakes, what all should I buy along with it?

Let's see..
CB Radio
Antenna
Antenna Spring(because your antenna will snap on the trail)
Coax Cord
A coax terminal(connects the cord with the antenna)
And an antenna mount

Top Bottom