Savage Build Thread

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Or is this all I would need ?
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466394099.318798.jpg
I have already mounted ( just the rock ring) 4 of the bead locks and all the valve stems look like this
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466394041.180062.jpg
So I hope I don't have to take them apart.

dillard09

I looks like you just need the valve stem cores. That is the quickest and easiest way to deflate a tire is to just remove the valve stem cores. You should be able to get those for cheap at a auto parts store. They just screw back into the value stem.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Got the valve stems all put in and ready for air

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466569920.042485.jpg

For those that may wonder. An ARB twin air compressor is strong enough to set the bead on tires.

All mounted and aired up.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466569998.308831.jpg

So pretty
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466570016.710230.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
For those that don't know I have been experience death wobble for about 5 months now that has gotten worse and worse as the months past. Happens almost even day now and only course when I hit aggressive bumps. This is why i have not put on the 37s yet. So I have finally scheduled an appointment at ORE for the 7th to get C gussets and Dynatrac ball joints installed and see what else might be needed to fix the death wobble.

Even though the appointment is 2 weeks away I have taken the spider trac wheel spacers off and given the steering a good look to see what I could find. Appears my track bar is a little bent, but that wouldn't cause the wobble?
However I did find that my front lower control arm bushing is shot. And now that I think about it the wobble happens more often when I hit bumps on the driver side.
Also found that my front drive shaft appear to have lost a balancing weight which I don't know how since its in a position that wouldn't hit anything to knock it off. Would any of these two issue would cause death wobble?

Here is the control are. Hard to see but it looks pretty bad. The bushing and sleeve (not sure if that's correct) that the bolt goes through are pretty separated.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466979170.796525.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466979196.374895.jpg

And here is the drive shaft. Is the transfer case side.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466979286.969277.jpg

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
I forgot to mention that with all the shit I see wrong with my jeep I needed to have a drink.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466982058.435484.jpg

And to Cheer myself up I put on a new decal.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1466982095.638356.jpg

Made things feel a little better.

M_Savage

Caught the Bug
Well my appointment with ORE is coming up this next week and I was going to put the 37s on so everything was ready when I pick her up next Friday. Buuuuut I forgot about the pinch seam as I left to go for a test drive after I had all 4 including the spare mounted up. But I didn't get very far when I could hear the tread catching the pinch seam. :( so I reverse everything I did and put the 35s back on. I would do the pinch seam myself but ran out of time and didn't have anything to cut it with.

Now im going to ask ORE to trim the seam. And while I'm thinking about it. Might has them to weld up some rock sliders while its in now!:) we will see.

uberc4

Jeep looks good man. Nice score on the Slabs! Don't let it sit at ORE for too long. You many end up wanting Coilovers or better yet DTD. The Envy is Real. [emoji23]

dillard09

Jeep looks good man. Nice score on the Slabs! Don't let it sit at ORE for too long. You many end up wanting Coilovers or better yet DTD. The Envy is Real. [emoji23]

Haha! I told him the same thing. Sounds like the 3 of us need to hit some dirt together when all our jeeps are out of ORE. How about 15th, 16th, or 17th?

M_Savage

Caught the Bug

The envy is real for sure. Coilovers is the plan but it will need to be baby steps getting there.
This is my first trip to ORE so we will see if I come out with just what I had planned. I am already probable going to need to add lower control arms. So I it looks like that plan has failed already.

Top Bottom