Please send your good vibes

LeighP

Best of luck to you......have the utmost respect for Coast Guard and other rescue services.
As a sailor, I can appreciate the dedication required to go out into big seas looking for someone who needs help. :rock:

bking_1

Way to go Steve!! I spent 10 years active duty in the Air Force myself. Loved every bit of it.
Great job!

Brian

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

A_R_A_W_N

Congratulations bro. 7 years in the army so far and still enjoying it. Just make sure you stay in shape and make sure you know your limits with your knee. Trust me I know my right knee is jackednup and my left shoulder is headed that way too

Sent from my GT-P5113 using WAYALIFE mobile app

JKWrang

HOW THE FUCK DID I MISS THIS THREAD??????

From one service to another... good luck! !!! And if you have ANY QUESTIONS let me know! !!!

If I find out you didn't ask me something I will write your DIs to haze the shit out of you!!!! :)

Sent from my SCH-I545 using WAYALIFE mobile app

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Well its been a while since i updated this so let me start by saying thank you all for the support! it really means a lot! :blush: i honestly wasnt expecting this many replies to this thread but surprises like this really make me love this forum and al of you even more than i already do! so once again thank you! :thankyou::clap2:

Ok now onto the CG stuff. i talked to my recruiter about two weeks ago now and my waiver (for my knee) is currently being processed. Once he has the ok i can submit my background check documents to him. He said as long as everything goes well, which it should according to him, i will be shipping off to basic training in Cape May, NJ in mid Dec or early January! :rock: As of now tho its back to sitting and waiting. hopefully i dont have to sit and wait to much longer :yawn37:

Well its been a while since i updated this so let me start by saying thank you all for the support! it really means a lot! :blush: i honestly wasnt expecting this many replies to this thread but surprises like this really make me love this forum and al of you even more than i already do! so once again thank you! :thankyou::clap2:

Ok now onto the CG stuff. i talked to my recruiter about two weeks ago now and my waiver (for my knee) is currently being processed. Once he has the ok i can submit my background check documents to him. He said as long as everything goes well, which it should according to him, i will be shipping off to basic training in Cape May, NJ in mid Dec or early January! :rock: As of now tho its back to sitting and waiting. hopefully i dont have to sit and wait to much longer :yawn37:

Great News COZ.

Hoping for the best for you.

R/
Will

Johnlmt33

Congrats! Good luck with the process. The military can be a great career or just a great starting point. :usa:

Ratchet

Have some good vibes, from me! :thumb:

I had a fair share of rough spots while in the service. Stress fractures over 75% of my lower body right after I got out of Parris Island, good chance I might lose my ability to run/walk. Made it through, though.

I know it can be pretty nerve wracking, so hang in there.

BEAST33

I was a basic combat training company commander not too long ago...you'll do just fine. The hardest part will be dealing with all the young knuckle heads around you getting into trouble. If you need any advice feel free to PM me or post in this thread.

Good luck to you!

HILLZ

Best of luck Cozzy Bro! hope your waiver clears and ya make it through to basic.

Never :giveup:

Keep chasing the dream brother. :rock:

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Best of luck Cozzy Bro! hope your waiver clears and ya make it through to basic.

Never :giveup:

Keep chasing the dream brother. :rock:

Thanks brother! Calling my recruiter this week again for an update for myself as well as to see if he has heard anything

916razorback

Good vibes to you and thank you for wanting to serve this great nation.....stay focused and stay away from any knuckleheads that might compromise your career! Oh and if you make it to Tahoe hit me up and I will buy the first few rounds of Rum Runners at the Beacon Restaurant!

sounds like your recruiter is working with you which is awesome. good luck. its cold in cape may in the winter, push ups in the snow there are not fun. words of advice, study your helmsmen or the study stuff while you wait and get your swoll on be prepared before you go. we live by semper paratus, might as well start being always ready before you go. good luck!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I was a basic combat training company commander not too long ago...you'll do just fine. The hardest part will be dealing with all the young knuckle heads around you getting into trouble. If you need any advice feel free to PM me or post in this thread.

Good luck to you!

thank you! i will be sure to ask question here or thru PM for sure!

Good vibes to you and thank you for wanting to serve this great nation.....stay focused and stay away from any knuckleheads that might compromise your career! Oh and if you make it to Tahoe hit me up and I will buy the first few rounds of Rum Runners at the Beacon Restaurant!

haha sounds good! looking forward to them!

sounds like your recruiter is working with you which is awesome. good luck. its cold in cape may in the winter, push ups in the snow there are not fun. words of advice, study your helmsmen or the study stuff while you wait and get your swoll on be prepared before you go. we live by semper paratus, might as well start being always ready before you go. good luck!

yea he is a million times better than the last one! not looking forward to the winter here with what they are predicting but it is what it is! yea i need to up my running again and get my ass back in the gym a few times a week.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Just got off the phone with my recruiter and........................

MY WAIVER GOT APPROVED!!!!! :rock::rock::rock::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings::wings:

i am soooooo excited and happy right now you have no idea! been crying for prob 20 mins now because of it! need to discuss ship dates available to me with my recruiter but he said possibly january i could go.

thank you all for the good vides you have sent me since the original post! it has been a dream over the past 3 years and 10 months to be in the Coast Guard and it looks like its finally coming true!

Top Bottom