My first Wrangler: 2015 Rubicon Hard Rock

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
VOTS?

We now return to our 1957 classic with no further interruptions, Amazon Women on the Moon

I think it stands for vehicle order tracking system or something of that nature. They'll send you some emails soon. It gets built quick once they start. Then shipping takes forever it seems like. Congrats on the jeep!

Last edited:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
Congrats! I just picked up a 2015 Hard Rock Rubicon that was freshly delivered from the factory. It's awesome..and yes, 3.73 is standard with auto unless you upgrade. I didn't care because I'll regear to 5.13 later anyway when I put on 37s. For the 32's on it, the 3.73 do just fine.

You'll love some of the features of the Hard Rock edition...I'm loving mine.

The only thing I'm a bit iffy on is the new subwoofer location. I'm mixed on whether it's going to work out in the old storage bin, but on the plus side it's rated for all weather now.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Vehicle Order Tracking System. You can track the status of your order on jeep.com.

The hard rock is what replaced the Rubicon X, which is almost same as 10A. I believe they come with 4.10s regardless of trans unlike the normal Rubicon.

Edit. Guess I'm wrong on 4.10s. Must have been a 10A only thing due to slightly larger tires

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

blown2tone

Ask for the Mopar half doors instead of the full. You'll thank me later. (And just in case you end up hating them, you can always trade them with someone who has full doors and probably get some cash out of it too)

Agreed!!!
Love mine

ajchavarria

The only thing I'm a bit iffy on is the new subwoofer location. I'm mixed on whether it's going to work out in the old storage bin, but on the plus side it's rated for all weather now.

I also have my doubts about that thing......

Someone should come up with a heavy duty cage for that thing at the very least. I sometimes have to lug around my fire gear, axes, etc.

I also think that trying to arrange whatever I throw back there AROUND the sub woof so as not to cover the sound is going to get annoying.

mattfl

Vehicle Order Tracking System. You can track the status of your order on jeep.com.

The hard rock is what replaced the Rubicon X, which is almost same as 10A. I believe they come with 4.10s regardless of trans unlike the normal Rubicon.

Edit. Guess I'm wrong on 4.10s. Must have been a 10A only thing due to slightly larger tires

Sent from my SM-G900V using WAYALIFE mobile app

It was not a 10A only thing.

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
I'm not entirely sold on the halfies...how are they with wind/road noise? Was thinking maybe for the warmer months I'd get the Aries Tubular Doors.

We now return to our 1957 classic with no further interruptions, Amazon Women on the Moon

LOL, you know you bought a Jeep right?!? It's gonna have some cabin noise regardless. See below for satisfied half door owners. Plus you can search this forum and find quite a few people who have traded their full doors for half ones or wish they had the cash for it.

I miss my half doors :banghead:

Agreed!!!
Love mine

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I think it stands for vehicle order tracking system or something of that nature. They'll send you some emails soon. It gets built quick once they start. Then shipping takes forever it seems like. Congrats on the jeep!

Actually, the auto system is down, no emails will ever come, here is a link hack. Copy, edit in wordpad, paste into URL (dont forget to change the "XX" to "tt") ;)

hXXps://www.jeep.com/vots/vehicle_status.html?firstName=&lastName=YOURLASTNAME&vin_last8=&orderno=YOURVON&fromLogin=true&lastdate=true

once you are tracking, i dont know about MAC, but on windows:

Hit F12 to open up the Developer Tools
Hit F5 to refresh
Scroll to VOTSServlet, Click
click on response, and see whats going on with your jeep.

Here is what you will see:

after pressing F12:

After Pressing F5, and selecting VOTSServlet:

Last edited:

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I also have my doubts about that thing......

Someone should come up with a heavy duty cage for that thing at the very least. I sometimes have to lug around my fire gear, axes, etc.

I also think that trying to arrange whatever I throw back there AROUND the sub woof so as not to cover the sound is going to get annoying.

We're on the exact same page. I'd like to have a drawer or something for tool storage, etc, but now I'm worried the sound will be drowned out. I think there's a definite opportunity to relocate it. I hvaen't pulled it out yet to see how easy it would be to reroute the wiring, but I'm thinking a new Tuffy-like setup back there that will relocate it up would be perfect.

spicoli

I saw on Jeep's website that the Hard Rock does not come with the 115v aux outlet. Is that true? www.jeep.com says it comes with the Rubicon. I find that surprising. What have they put there instead?

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug
I saw on Jeep's website that the Hard Rock does not come with the 115v aux outlet. Is that true? www.jeep.com says it comes with the Rubicon. I find that surprising. What have they put there instead?

You mean the regular plug outlet on the front of the console? Mine has it.

ajchavarria

Hey Hey! I got my VIN number!!!

Chaddilac

Awesome, congratulations. I own a 2015 Hard Rock, I find it to be a very nice upgrade over my 2010. I think you are going to be very happy. I wish you luck! :rock:

Top Bottom