The Official I Hate wayoflife / Eddie Thread

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
lol. Just found this randomly scrolling through Facebook. This guy acts like you own the jkx. People are so dumb

Mel is the one making fun of the Factor 55 thimble but somehow, I'm the hater and its because they won't give me "free stuff". :cheesy:

JAGS

Hooked
Mel is the one making fun of the Factor 55 thimble but somehow, I'm the hater and its because they won't give me "free stuff". :cheesy:

No fucking shit. People just post whatever the fuck they want. Then it somehow becomes fact.

They tried to win Mel over recently with some crazy expensive hybrid deal. Mel prefers hooks and cable for the most part.

This thing is too dang expensive for my wallet.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1467917036.921801.jpg

Last edited:

WJCO

Meme King
Chris Thompson, you sir, are a jackass. But you sure are good at using Google searches and believing everything you read :thumb:

No apologies necessary...

I came to this forum the same as you...I was surfing youtube one day and saw Eddie & Cindy's videos...I thought they were exceptional for "amateur" vids (there is nothing amateur about them, by the way)...and I've worked with some very capable people in the film biz over the years on Nat Geo, Discovery, BBC etc...it was the vids that led me to this forum, the only forum I have ever visited...ever. I'm not a big social media guy...rarely go on facebook, don't have a twitter account, or snapchat, or instagram, etc...At first, I was slightly taken aback from some of the "forward" nature of some the post replies...however, with several thousand members, there are going to be quite a few different points of view...some of which I do not share, and some of which I applaud. When you wade through the bulk of info presented, you occasionally find a few gems, which makes it worth the effort for me.

I actually enjoy your comments far more than many...a hui hou.

Just saw this due to the new post, but wanted to chime in. While I do not own my JK yet (partly due to forum members advising me against negative equity trade ins) I enjoy your tone and comments.

P.S. took the equity down 2k since last post, so inching closer..

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
In lieu of all the silliness on Instagram, it would appear this little sheep punisherjk, felt the need to chime in too.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469851545.336039.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1469851603.087944.jpg

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Is "Jeeping Aussie Style" code for I like to blow strange men in rest stop bathrooms? :idontknow:

If that's jeeping Aussie style then I've been doing it all wrong.....[emoji23]

He's probably one of the guys over here that buys a jeep and then tries to turn it into a land cruiser while bitching about it the whole time.

Serg5000

Never thought this thread would last this long.
Sucks.

Not kissing ass. However. Eddie and Cindy have always been kind to us.

That is all.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I was just going through the list of recent sign-ups and happened to notice one that got put on hold. Samtheman341@gmail.com signed up with "Eddieisadickhead" and as you can see below, this is what he put in his profile.

Screen Shot 2016-08-22 at 10.41.43 AM.png

What do you think, should I let him on? :idontknow:

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I've debated for a little bit about posting this, but I want it out on the open here. I wouldn't normally post a private message, however, it's not from this site and it came out of the blue. This is a hateful private message I received on Jeep Forum. This post came out of the blue and it turns out the guy that posted it hasn't posted over there for 5 years! Also, I can't find a record of him here nor anywhere on the web. Also, in his post, he makes it very clear that he doesn't wish to be here nor does he own a JK. Please read the following, then I have more text to post below it.

View attachment 197820

So, to start with.......I'm far from perfect. If I come across as a douchebag to some, I apologize right now in front of everybody. However, as stated in the picture above, I love this place. There is good humor here. Sure there are probably times I could tune it down as well as others could, but then there's times where shit just needs to be stated as is. I have no idea where this dude's PM came from and he hasn't written me back.

Let me tell you about me in relation to Wayalife, so you all know.

I watched the videos for years. Didn't even know about the forum. I saw the Wayalife name pop across the screen often. One day, I was looking at the store for stickers and saw the forum link, I joined. At this point, had no knowledge it was primarily JKs. First day, I kinda got my ass handed to me, especially by OverlanderJK (if you can imagine that happening). Who, by the way, I've actually come to like. His posts are short and sweet and to the point and he often adds humor. After a short time here, I would say that I loved the site, but it was interesting, lot of interesting people come and go and usually end up with their own threads too. :D It didn't take much research after joining to find out a lot of people hate this place. And most of the hate was repetitive claims (as if rather than a personal experience, they just read something on the internet and reposted it) So, for those of you wondering, why am I here since I don't have a JK, and why so many posts? I enjoy it here. It's fun. I love seeing others builds, I may own a JK someday, my wife and I talk about it regularly. I love helping people with what I've learned, I love the passion that Eddie and Cindy have for sharing their adventures and knowledge. And I do enjoy posting humor in the threads where appropriate. There was a recent thread by GraniteCrystal if there was a better way to coach or correct newbies that come here and break the rules, etc. I feel that thread had a good amount of constructive criticism too. When those 'newbie' threads come out, I may interject a sarcastic meme and try to add humor to it, but I try really hard not to just post an offensive or doragatory post directly toward the person. With that being said, if they go 'full jackass' like 'seat cover muscle boy' the other day and start talking shit, why wouldn't I stand up for this place? I don't post a lot on Jeepforum. Main reason for that is that is that there is a ton of WJers over there and those tech threads fill up really quick and there's not a need to add redundancy to what others have already said unless I can add more or if I disagree with them. I post when I can.

So with all that being said. I again apologize in front of everybody if I act like a douchebag sometimes but really do enjoy supporting this community. That's all.

Never seen any douche baggery posted by you. Just helpful and funny stuff.

Top Bottom