The Official I Hate wayoflife / Eddie Thread

WJCO

Meme King
Confession, Apology, and whatever else.

I've debated for a little bit about posting this, but I want it out on the open here. I wouldn't normally post a private message, however, it's not from this site and it came out of the blue. This is a hateful private message I received on Jeep Forum. This post came out of the blue and it turns out the guy that posted it hasn't posted over there for 5 years! Also, I can't find a record of him here nor anywhere on the web. Also, in his post, he makes it very clear that he doesn't wish to be here nor does he own a JK. Please read the following, then I have more text to post below it.

wtf.jpg

So, to start with.......I'm far from perfect. If I come across as a douchebag to some, I apologize right now in front of everybody. However, as stated in the picture above, I love this place. There is good humor here. Sure there are probably times I could tune it down as well as others could, but then there's times where shit just needs to be stated as is. I have no idea where this dude's PM came from and he hasn't written me back.

Let me tell you about me in relation to Wayalife, so you all know.

I watched the videos for years. Didn't even know about the forum. I saw the Wayalife name pop across the screen often. One day, I was looking at the store for stickers and saw the forum link, I joined. At this point, had no knowledge it was primarily JKs. First day, I kinda got my ass handed to me, especially by OverlanderJK (if you can imagine that happening). Who, by the way, I've actually come to like. His posts are short and sweet and to the point and he often adds humor. After a short time here, I would say that I loved the site, but it was interesting, lot of interesting people come and go and usually end up with their own threads too. :D It didn't take much research after joining to find out a lot of people hate this place. And most of the hate was repetitive claims (as if rather than a personal experience, they just read something on the internet and reposted it) So, for those of you wondering, why am I here since I don't have a JK, and why so many posts? I enjoy it here. It's fun. I love seeing others builds, I may own a JK someday, my wife and I talk about it regularly. I love helping people with what I've learned, I love the passion that Eddie and Cindy have for sharing their adventures and knowledge. And I do enjoy posting humor in the threads where appropriate. There was a recent thread by GraniteCrystal if there was a better way to coach or correct newbies that come here and break the rules, etc. I feel that thread had a good amount of constructive criticism too. When those 'newbie' threads come out, I may interject a sarcastic meme and try to add humor to it, but I try really hard not to just post an offensive or doragatory post directly toward the person. With that being said, if they go 'full jackass' like 'seat cover muscle boy' the other day and start talking shit, why wouldn't I stand up for this place? I don't post a lot on Jeepforum. Main reason for that is that is that there is a ton of WJers over there and those tech threads fill up really quick and there's not a need to add redundancy to what others have already said unless I can add more or if I disagree with them. I post when I can.

So with all that being said. I again apologize in front of everybody if I act like a douchebag sometimes but really do enjoy supporting this community. That's all.

benatc1

Hooked
I've debated for a little bit about posting this, but I want it out on the open here. I wouldn't normally post a private message, however, it's not from this site and it came out of the blue. This is a hateful private message I received on Jeep Forum. This post came out of the blue and it turns out the guy that posted it hasn't posted over there for 5 years! Also, I can't find a record of him here nor anywhere on the web. Also, in his post, he makes it very clear that he doesn't wish to be here nor does he own a JK. Please read the following, then I have more text to post below it.

View attachment 197820

So, to start with.......I'm far from perfect. If I come across as a douchebag to some, I apologize right now in front of everybody. However, as stated in the picture above, I love this place. There is good humor here. Sure there are probably times I could tune it down as well as others could, but then there's times where shit just needs to be stated as is. I have no idea where this dude's PM came from and he hasn't written me back.

I watched the videos for years. Didn't even know about the forum. I saw the Wayalife name pop across the screen often. One day, I was looking at the store for stickers and saw the forum link, I joined. At this point, had no knowledge it was primarily JKs. First day, I kinda got my ass handed to me, especially by OverlanderJK (if you can imagine that happening). Who, by the way, I've actually come to like. His posts are short and sweet and to the point and he often adds humor. After a short time here, I would say that I loved the site, but it was interesting, lot of interesting people come and go and usually end up with their own threads too. :D It didn't take much research after joining to find out a lot of people hate this place. And most of the hate was repetitive claims (as if rather than a personal experience, they just read something on the internet and reposted it) So, for those of you wondering, why am I here since I don't have a JK, and why so many posts? I enjoy it here. It's fun. I love seeing others builds, I may own a JK someday, my wife and I talk about it regularly. I love helping people with what I've learned, I love the passion that Eddie and Cindy have for sharing their adventures and knowledge. And I do enjoy posting humor in the threads where appropriate. There was a recent thread by GraniteCrystal if there was a better way to coach or correct newbies that come here and break the rules, etc. I feel that thread had a good amount of constructive criticism too. When those 'newbie' threads come out, I may interject a sarcastic meme and try to add humor to it, but I try really hard not to just post an offensive or doragatory post directly toward the person. With that being said, if they go 'full jackass' like 'seat cover muscle boy' the other day and start talking shit, why wouldn't I stand up for this place? I don't post a lot on Jeepforum. Main reason for that is that is that there is a ton of WJers over there and those tech threads fill up really quick and there's not a need to add redundancy to what others have already said unless I can add more or if I disagree with them. I post when I can.

So with all that being said. I again apologize in front of everybody if I act like a douchebag sometimes but really do enjoy supporting this community. That's all.

Interesting interaction, even though I haven't been here long I'll be one of the first to say you don't act like a douchebag. I realize I probably don't know all of the history between forums but I don't understand why people get so butt hurt. I can't imagine Eddie personally offended everyone who seems to "hate" him and what he stands for. So most of these people are following someone else just like they hate people over here for. WJCO, you have been very helpful to me personally on here and are always quick to offer technical advice, correct advice might i add. People need to relax and enjoy life and Jeeping. Keep up what your doing WJCO!!

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
I enjoy your posts. I also admire you for being so public and not having a JK. I was pretty reluctant to post when I had my YJ and it was even a wrangler lol. Keep it up. [emoji106]

dwvninety

View attachment 197820

Always got hater's that's gonna hate no matter what.........

Twise

I love this thread. If I think someone is an asshole I just walk away. WTF is wrong with some of these people?

WJCO

Meme King
Interesting interaction, even though I haven't been here long I'll be one of the first to say you don't act like a douchebag. I realize I probably don't know all of the history between forums but I don't understand why people get so butt hurt. I can't imagine Eddie personally offended everyone who seems to "hate" him and what he stands for. So most of these people are following someone else just like they hate people over here for. WJCO, you have been very helpful to me personally on here and are always quick to offer technical advice, correct advice might i add. People need to relax and enjoy life and Jeeping. Keep up what your doing WJCO!!

I enjoy your posts. I also admire you for being so public and not having a JK. I was pretty reluctant to post when I had my YJ and it was even a wrangler lol. Keep it up. [emoji106]

Thanks you both for the positive feedback.

Always got hater's that's gonna hate no matter what.........

I love this thread. If I think someone is an asshole I just walk away. WTF is wrong with some of these people?

Exactly. Haters gonna hate. I'm the same way, if I don't like a store, I'm not going to keep going back to that store to bitch at them when I'm not planning on shopping there anyway. And I'm not going to go to a different store and bitch about the other store either.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
WJCO;686199 So with all that being said. I again apologize in front of everybody if I act like a douchebag sometimes but really do enjoy supporting this community. That's all.[/QUOTE said:
Quit being a douchebag. You don't own a JK? Get lost, we don't like your kind around here. [emoji16]

Kidding. Lol.

I don't know about others but I really don't care that you don't have a JK. I enjoy getting out and wheeling with all kinds of vehicles, though I don't get out and wheel often enough. I've been hanging out with a bunch of local jeepers and a lot of them have TJs, there's a few YJs, got buddies with CJs, and a few with XJs and WJs. I've owned 3 YJs, 2 JKs, an XJ, two K5s, two suburbans, and a slew of other 4x4s. I love the JK I currently own and would love to trade the wife's car in on another one. But I also still own a 1990 suburban, really want a 1991 Chevy crew cab 4x4 dually, and I'm debating about another k5. Maybe even an s10 blazer. I want something I can destroy and not worry about the monthly payment like the jeep. I'll keep the jeep though as a capable driver.

Right now I'm lucky enough to be able to have the JK, specially since it's a 2014 rubicon. I really hate to say it but with the debt we do currently have, if we had a child, I would probably have to sell it and get something older. Probably an XJ. We are so far upside down on the wife's car we will be keeping it until paid off I'm sure, so the jeep would have to go because I know I could sell it for payoff.

I think your perfectly fine here WJCO. [emoji106] I quit the other forums because they just didn't seem to be that great. Seemed like a lot of mis information. And like you said, seems like posts got deleted over there if they didn't agree with you.

WJCO

Meme King
Quit being a douchebag. You don't own a JK? Get lost, we don't like your kind around here. [emoji16]

Kidding. Lol.

I don't know about others but I really don't care that you don't have a JK. I enjoy getting out and wheeling with all kinds of vehicles, though I don't get out and wheel often enough. I've been hanging out with a bunch of local jeepers and a lot of them have TJs, there's a few YJs, got buddies with CJs, and a few with XJs and WJs. I've owned 3 YJs, 2 JKs, an XJ, two K5s, two suburbans, and a slew of other 4x4s. I love the JK I currently own and would love to trade the wife's car in on another one. But I also still own a 1990 suburban, really want a 1991 Chevy crew cab 4x4 dually, and I'm debating about another k5. Maybe even an s10 blazer. I want something I can destroy and not worry about the monthly payment like the jeep. I'll keep the jeep though as a capable driver.

Right now I'm lucky enough to be able to have the JK, specially since it's a 2014 rubicon. I really hate to say it but with the debt we do currently have, if we had a child, I would probably have to sell it and get something older. Probably an XJ. We are so far upside down on the wife's car we will be keeping it until paid off I'm sure, so the jeep would have to go because I know I could sell it for payoff.

I think your perfectly fine here WJCO. [emoji106] I quit the other forums because they just didn't seem to be that great. Seemed like a lot of mis information. And like you said, seems like posts got deleted over there if they didn't agree with you.

Lol. Thanks for the kind words. And just to make clear, I don't really have any issues with that other forum either, I was just addressing the dude's message in relation to the types of posts.

On another note, it doesn't take much web-searching to see other forums that have a special 'I hate Wayalife' thread. But you know what, to the best of my knowledge, we don't have anything like that hear on this forum hating on the other forums, which makes me happy. It's not needed. It just goes to show the bitter hate of others who can't move on. We don't need to have a special thread for that, it's stupid.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

View attachment 197820

douchebag! :bleh:

Ddays

Hooked
Just think how cool you'd be if you had a JK! :bleh:

LOL - I haven't been on the other forums since I became active here last Fall. Frankly I thought the info was better and there were fewer jackasses here, not more. Funny, I tried to respectively help a guy out a couple months ago on one of those other forums & got jumped on some. Honestly, I was surprised anyone recognized me and was slightly flattered I actually got a reaction. I think there are an assload of people out there that lurk here but don't want to admit it...

WJCO

Meme King
douchebag! :bleh:

Just think how cool you'd be if you had a JK! :bleh:

Jackasses! :cheesy:

LOL - I haven't been on the other forums since I became active here last Fall. Frankly I thought the info was better and there were fewer jackasses here, not more. Funny, I tried to respectively help a guy out a couple months ago on one of those other forums & got jumped on some. Honestly, I was surprised anyone recognized me and was slightly flattered I actually got a reaction. I think there are an assload of people out there that lurk here but don't want to admit it...

That's exactly what I'm thinking.... With the outside hate, how many people actually have even had a personal experience to hate about opposed to the others who just read the hate and repeat it? And at the same time, the people who do have a personal experience, was it over a dis-agreement of technical info or broken rules? If dis-agreement over technical info, move on and get over it. Not everybody's going to agree on everything. I love that bad information is corrected here so quickly. And truthfully, if your happy with the mods on your Jeep, who cares what others think? If you bought crappy products but have too much ego to admit it, that's you own problem. The information here is good and solid as far as product knowledge. Guys here will tell you if they run a product that sucked or a product that didn't. Simple as that. Don't see why anyone would be pissed about that.

The biggest thing that woke me up here is that someone clearly felt the need to send me PM based on what they think they know about me. They claim to know about my posts here (even though they claim to not own a JK and want nothing to do with this place), then instead of messaging me here at WAL, they go to another forum where they haven't posted in 5 years and proceed to comment about my 'contrasted' reputation there as well! And the message started by saying they weren't even sure if they had the right guy? WTF? If someone was that upset at me, it at least allowed me to take a look at myself, and make sure I'm not acting like a douchebag as much as possible.

mastrcruse

Jackasses! :cheesy:

That's exactly what I'm thinking.... With the outside hate, how many people actually have even had a personal experience to hate about opposed to the others who just read the hate and repeat it? And at the same time, the people who do have a personal experience, was it over a dis-agreement of technical info or broken rules? If dis-agreement over technical info, move on and get over it. Not everybody's going to agree on everything. I love that bad information is corrected here so quickly. And truthfully, if your happy with the mods on your Jeep, who cares what others think? If you bought crappy products but have too much ego to admit it, that's you own problem. The information here is good and solid as far as product knowledge. Guys here will tell you if they run a product that sucked or a product that didn't. Simple as that. Don't see why anyone would be pissed about that.

The biggest thing that woke me up here is that someone clearly felt the need to send me PM based on what they think they know about me. They claim to know about my posts here (even though they claim to not own a JK and want nothing to do with this place), then instead of messaging me here at WAL, they go to another forum where they haven't posted in 5 years and proceed to comment about my 'contrasted' reputation there as well! And the message started by saying they weren't even sure if they had the right guy? WTF? If someone was that upset at me, it at least allowed me to take a look at myself, and make sure I'm not acting like a douchebag as much as possible.

i think all of us say douchey things on here occasionally but sending a PM is nuts haha...me included (OverlandJK never included haha). I'm just glad you got rid of that avatar cause I couldn't stand the pig/satan thing. I guess there should be stickers that say douchealife cause obviously thats what we all are who find this forum educational. :bleh::cheesy::honey::celebrate::biggrinbounce:

WJCO

Meme King
i think all of us say douchey things on here occasionally but sending a PM is nuts haha...me included (OverlandJK never included haha). I'm just glad you got rid of that avatar cause I couldn't stand the pig/satan thing. I guess there should be stickers that say douchealife cause obviously thats what we all are who find this forum educational. :bleh::cheesy::honey::celebrate::biggrinbounce:

Lol. Thanks for the support. That was a real oddball that he sent me a PM on another forum too. :crazyeyes:

GraniteCrystal

Shake it off. I appreciate your contributions to this forum. This guy clearly has too much time and some beef with WAL. Who knows. I wouldn't even bother replying to him again. And keep up the awesome build with your WJ. Looking forward to doing a trail or two together this summer and seeing what that thing is capable of.

WJCO

Meme King
Shake it off. I appreciate your contributions to this forum. This guy clearly has too much time and some beef with WAL. Who knows. I wouldn't even bother replying to him again. And keep up the awesome build with your WJ. Looking forward to doing a trail or two together this summer and seeing what that thing is capable of.

Thanks for the feedback. Means a lot coming from you, especially with the other thread you started regarding similar issues. I don't plan on responding to him at all, lol. It would be great to wheel with you this summer. Thanks for the feedback on my build too. :thumb:

Brute

Hooked

View attachment 197820

No apologies necessary...

I came to this forum the same as you...I was surfing youtube one day and saw Eddie & Cindy's videos...I thought they were exceptional for "amateur" vids (there is nothing amateur about them, by the way)...and I've worked with some very capable people in the film biz over the years on Nat Geo, Discovery, BBC etc...it was the vids that led me to this forum, the only forum I have ever visited...ever. I'm not a big social media guy...rarely go on facebook, don't have a twitter account, or snapchat, or instagram, etc...At first, I was slightly taken aback from some of the "forward" nature of some the post replies...however, with several thousand members, there are going to be quite a few different points of view...some of which I do not share, and some of which I applaud. When you wade through the bulk of info presented, you occasionally find a few gems, which makes it worth the effort for me.

I actually enjoy your comments far more than many...a hui hou.

sipafz

Caught the Bug
I've debated for a little bit about posting this.......
WJCO - Get over yourself man! Seriously, just kidding! Good knowledgable advice is something that I have seen from you time and time again. We might not always agree, but thats ok. I'm glad that you found your way through a rough start. It would have been a shame if you would have just said fuck it. Ok, that was completely off topic - carry on!

Top Bottom