2013 2 Door Crush Build with lots of pictures

Jtmw

So I decided to spend money. Got the JK a hardhat from a local dealer for 25%off.
Not so good choice was picking a day to drive topless down the interstate when it was about 30 degrees.
IMG_0457.jpg
IMG_0465.JPG

I found my buddies TJ with around 25-30k aftermarket work done to it (Didnt lift a finger, it was actually given to him like this. Spoiled kids :naw: ) He's on around 4-6 in of lift and 36's.
Glad mine is still so low. LCG for the win today folks.
IMG_0463.JPG

Jtmw

A name has been reached.

DrumRoll.....:D

My rig will be called Pokey, from one of my all time favorite childhood TV shows.

gumby_pokey_0.jpg

Jtmw

I did something to keep myself occupied here. Running out of money haha, so I made me some flat fenders. Busted out the Large Wheel Dremel.
I was NOT going to let my fender well be thrown away. Being down in the SouthEast the second i would take them off my engine bay would be rusty rusty rusty any you could see it. Not a big fan, so I reused the liner when I could.Finished Product. I LOVE THE STANCE.:rock::blush::clap2: All about some narrow Jeeps.

IMG_0631.jpg
IMG_0618.jpg
IMG_0614.jpg

Jtmw

I am running a rugged ridge exhaust spacer, and this weekend when I went over a rock it caught the back end of my exhaust and seemed to pull it towards the back a few inches. Essentially the rubber pieces that hold the exhaust hangers are angled where the exhaust is towards the back of the car. The cross pipe over my rear axle is rattling against my frame. So thats pretty annoying and I'm sure my exhaust running that far back isn't good. I took a 10,000lbs strap today tried to pull my exhaust back forward. It moved about 3/4 of an inch, the hangars aren't completely vertical. Its rattling barely, but enough that i want to fix it. Anyone had this issue? Thanks.

Jtmw

Did you even go wheelin' if you didn't take a picture?
I am so pleased with the RK 1.5''. Thats a 1.5 inch lift. Yes.

IMG_0626.jpg

Jtmw

Is there anyway I can move this thread to the appropriate build section rather than Picture section?

Last edited:

Jtmw

Bought a Dynomax 39524, Merry Christmas to me! Got a great deal from the forum from Bryan__Howell. Thanks!

IMG_0973.jpg

hbkid22

Your build is coming along nicely! Looking good. And let me know what you think about the dynomax. Looking at getting an exhaust next year.

Jtmw

Dynomax 39524 2.5'' cat back system

Just installed my dynomax. Didn't take too terribly long for my first exhaust install. I had to cut the rear section that crosses over the axle a bit to make it fit. But everyone is in down there and playing nice. As far as the sound goes I am surprised! It is rather quiet. It's the loudest at start up, and over 3,000 RPM. Going easy through the gears you can hear it just enough to hear it but it's hard. Giving a moderate amount/everyday driving speed for me its got a bit of grumble. Slam it its more aggresive. As mentioned earlier if you get it over 3,000 RPM it starts to sound like a GT500. Not the sound that I expected for sure, I'm used to a a straight piped sound a lot deeper than what I got with this 2.5 Cat back kit from dynomax. Moderate to high pitch when you get on it. Sounds good, but not what I expected!

hbkid22

Just installed my dynomax. Didn't take too terribly long for my first exhaust install. I had to cut the rear section that crosses over the axle a bit to make it fit. But everyone is in down there and playing nice. As far as the sound goes I am surprised! It is rather quiet. It's the loudest at start up, and over 3,000 RPM. Going easy through the gears you can hear it just enough to hear it but it's hard. Giving a moderate amount/everyday driving speed for me its got a bit of grumble. Slam it its more aggresive. As mentioned earlier if you get it over 3,000 RPM it starts to sound like a GT500. Not the sound that I expected for sure, I'm used to a a straight piped sound a lot deeper than what I got with this 2.5 Cat back kit from dynomax. Moderate to high pitch when you get on it. Sounds good, but not what I expected!

Sounds as if you are not thrilled with it? Debating between this or magma flow as I ran that on my Dakota 5.9 R/T when I had if. Sounded amazing but it's also built to sound like a boat. Let me know after a week or so what you think of the dynomax and the sound if you don't mind. Thanks.

Jtmw

Sounds as if you are not thrilled with it? Debating between this or magma flow as I ran that on my Dakota 5.9 R/T when I had if. Sounded amazing but it's also built to sound like a boat. Let me know after a week or so what you think of the dynomax and the sound if you don't mind. Thanks.

Ya know originally I wasn't really impressed. But having it on for a few days and playing around just a little I am starting to like it more. I sat outside of it for a while listened to it, and drove around with the windows down. It really is deeper than I had initially thought. Its a lot more of a moderate range sound the more I listen. Really feels and sounds like a performance exhaust vs. ones on my previous Jeeps. Those exhaust systems being a little redneck. One was just running out of the cat, so theres that...:doh:

All said and done, for my 2013 (Trying) High end build It is really nice. Sounds good, no drone 1650-2200 RPM. I like it alot and it is pretty aggressive. Got it at a wholesale cost and am pleased overall 7/10 rating. :thumb:

Jtmw

I did the Rock light install on Wayalife, Really dig the looks. I have my switch in the engine bay, I can't for the life of me figure out where i want to put switches.
IMG_1099.jpg
IMG_1100.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom