Why do Jeepers hate Hummers so much?

jhires

I think the H1 is pretty cool. Not so much for the H2. I do kind of like the style of the H3 but know nothing about its off road capability. Given they are 4x4, they are all probably on par with my wife's Cherokee.

I would never trade my JK for one. Nothing against then, I just like my jeep more.

jman_12

Honestly, they're just another off road vehicle. Not all humers are the best, but I'd be happy to help anyone else on the trail.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
Ok, when I was in the Army we were still diving the M151 so my info may not be totally accurate, but the Hummer was developed mostly for tank trails found in Europe. It has evolved into the many variations of the bad ass military Humvee we know today. My bias comes from when Arnie bought his Hummer in Brentwood or Beverly Hills and it instantly became status. When I lived in Scottsdale they were all about posing. Stock, they're very limited on the trail. They're huge! I have no idea what it takes to build one up, but my guess is after you've bought one, there's little $'s left. They weren't built for the average consumer and they proved it. They are extinct!:twocents:

mattman8686

Okay so within the first month of owning my jeep, A guy came up to me at In-n-Out and said, "that's a nice hummer you have there." I wanted to slap the guy cause he was either 100% serious or just really good at telling jeep owners that. But yeah that's why I hate hummer

TheStick

Met a guy in an H2 last summer on the trail. Really cool dude and I was just happy to see one off road, it is a rare sight. His son with him had a JKU, so he was used to the ribbing.

No hate here, just not something I'd ever buy.

stweasel

I loved driving the H1 in the Army, lots of torque, good stock clearance and able to be modified into everything from supplies to an ambulance. I think the hummer issue comes more from all the H2's with low profile tires and more bling than substance.

I dislike this guy
2014-12-16_1156.png

I don't mind this guy
flares_1_250.jpg

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Id take an H1 Alpha edition with the 6.6 Duramax, if and when I hit the lottery I will buy one. Course you have to play the lotto to win the lotto so I will never have one. It wouldnt be to replace my jeep though, just a bad ass tow rig that not many others have. Ive only ever seen one in person.

Wardell

I noticed whoever wrote the Wikipedia article on Hummers put drivers down as a criticism of the vehicle. Apparently there was a study done that showed Hummer drivers get about 5 x the average number of tickets. I suppose that could indicate something about Hummer owners in general.

Also, there are about to be 4,000 surplus Humvees sold by the US Army for about $10,000 each... it will be interesting to see who buys them, and how many of them get used out on the trails.

Top Bottom