Why do Jeepers hate Hummers so much?

KrawlerJK

It seems like whenever I'm surfin jeep forums there's always someone talkin' smack about Hummers... Whats the deal?

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't hate on anything. If Im out on a trail, and I see someone else on it, Im nice, polite, cordial, will help them, etc, no matter what they drive. There are assh0le jeepers just like assh0le hummer drivers. It's all the same hobby, and IMHO, hating is stupid.

Brankz

I can't speak for anyone else, but I don't hate on anything. If Im out on a trail, and I see someone else on it, Im nice, polite, cordial, will help them, etc, no matter what they drive. There are assh0le jeepers just like assh0le hummer drivers. It's all the same hobby, and IMHO, hating is stupid.

Thumbs!!!! You rock brotha!

The only reason that I don't like gunners is because most of the owners are d bags lol
And hummer owners thing that H2 is much much much better than a JK

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
Thumbs!!!! You rock brotha!

The only reason that I don't like gunners is because most of the owners are d bags lol
And hummer owners thing that H2 is much much much better than a JK

I see the same sh!t on sports car forums. Im not getting paid by any car company, so I'll call it like I see it. Im a car lover, so if something is cool, I don't care who makes it, and vice versa. If it sucks, I don't care who makes it, I'll call it out. As for one being better than another, arguments get settled on the trail. If a hummer can do the sh!t Eddie and them do on JKX, then I'll give it the full props it deserves, as well as FJs, 4Runners, etc.

pastorwug

While I love to go off road, most of all of my run-ins with Hummer owners are on-road, usually in parking lots when it seems a hummer owner has something to prove, I've got nothing to prove and I surely wouldn't be the one to prove anything on a Jeep.
Hummer owners surely have their fan base sites, just can't imagine why they would come here.
We use H-1 Hummers at our Police Dept, and they are awesome, but I've never driven an H-1 I would trade for my JKUR.
They can keep them, parts are very difficult to get, service is difficult and expensive, just not worth it!

bigtrucker52

It seems like whenever I'm surfin jeep forums there's always someone talkin' smack about Hummers... Whats the deal?

Well i think it's partly because in a comparison on offroad ability if you were to take a fully stock hummer h1, the only true Hummer in my book, and a fully stock jeep it would kick a jeeps ass any day on all most types of terrain and trails except small, narrow trails which causes problems for the h1 since it's so wide. You'd have to lift your jeep and put bigger tires on it to even come close to the capabilities of a stock hummer

JKWrang

Well i think it's partly because in a comparison on offroad ability if you were to take a fully stock hummer h1, the only true Hummer in my book, and a fully stock jeep it would kick a jeeps ass any day on all most types of terrain and trails except small, narrow trails which causes problems for the h1 since it's so wide. You'd have to lift your jeep and put bigger tires on it to even come close to the capabilities of a stock hummer

The h1 is the only one like that.

Id wager that most Hummers never seen an off road setting - theyre usually a pavement pounder with someone driving a status symbol and not driving a functional machine of purpose. My .02

bigtrucker52

The h1 is the only one like that.

Id wager that most Hummers never seen an off road setting - theyre usually a pavement pounder with someone driving a status symbol and not driving a functional machine of purpose. My .02

True but there's a lot of hummer owners out there, excluding the pieces of crap h2s and h3 which are street queens who don't deserve the hummer badge, take their hummers offroad. I personally know someone who takes their '93 or so hummer out on trails and stuff all the time

davison0976

The only H2 owner I personally knew was a real estate agent Karen addicted to alcohol, might had a bi-polar disorder and liked to yell at people. Other than that when I pull next to a H2, owners seem to be a little apprehensive to see my lifted JK a little higher than their H2. But I don't hate anyone.

KingCopperhead

I love hummers, but once you get married you won't get them very often.

LoL really though, as long as whoever is driving it isn't an asshole I couldn't care less. It's the elitist attitudes that some hummer/land Rover owners have that puts most of us off. The "I spent 80 grand so my humvee is better than your jeep" attitude.

Then again, a lot of people who drive fj's and built up pathy's and 4 runners think we Jeepers are elitist. It's all a matter of perspective.

JKWrang

I love hummers, but once you get married you won't get them very often.

LoL really though, as long as whoever is driving it isn't an asshole I couldn't care less. It's the elitist attitudes that some hummer/land Rover owners have that puts most of us off. The "I spent 80 grand so my humvee is better than your jeep" attitude.

Then again, a lot of people who drive fj's and built up pathy's and 4 runners think we Jeepers are elitist. It's all a matter of perspective.

Really, as long as its not an Xterra im okay with it.

pastorwug

My opinion - H1s are terribly uncomfortable, horribly expensive to own (a private one), parts are very difficult to source now, and are really impratical for anyone but the wasteful government.

I'll take my JKUR any day, in fact if someone gave me an H1 I'd sell it to get another JKUR.

Our Police Dept owns several H1s and I hate being in any of them for more than an hour.

Panda

My late brother drove an h1 and an h2 he was a moderator on a hummer forum and he wheeled the crap outta both of them, tis where I got the bug, he would joke about the jeeps but he really did respect them and jeeps were welcome on their runs, I've driven both the h1 and h2 off road, the h2 not so good but the h1 can go places although it's Diesel engine is loud and stinks and for half the price you can build a jk that will leave it behind, I think the deal is most hummer drivers resent that and can be A holes about it, as mentioned there can be an :asshat: behind the wheel of anything but I have respect for anyone who wants to wheel with whatever until they act like an :asshat: then I will just ignore them ;)

gburkett

Haven't liked Hummer's from day one. When they showed up with the slotted grill.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using WAYALIFE mobile app

holy_crap

I don't hate Hummers, I find that most of the hate talk happens behind the safety of a computer screen. I've gone out on trail rides with 4x4 clubs with different vehicles, Toyotas, Hummers, land rovers and the competitive attitude is in good fun. No A'holes allowed.

Top Bottom