Jango's Build Thread

jango

Hey all,
I have a 2012 jeep wrangler JKU Deep Cherry Red. Bought it bone stock. pizza cutter wheels, manual windows, manual locks for four doors is awful. But I justified having an automatic because I live in the city. Heres a list of the build so far..

-Body Armor front Bumper
-Body Armor front skid plate
-XRC rear bumper and tire carrier
-License plate relocation Kit to spare tire
- 15" pro comp series 52 rims
- 33"x12.5x15 BFG KM2s
- Rubicon Express 2.5" suspension lift w/ monotube shocks (was told these were bilsteins with Rubi xpress stickers)
- bilstein steering stabilizer
- In the front- pair of Rigid dually fogs, pair of Rough Country 6 bulb LED spots, Pair of KC 130 Watt spots, 50" Cree LED bar
- In the rear I have a pair of Pro Comp led 3" bars on top of the license plate relocation kit.
- Homemade Rock Lights
- Swapped in some Alpine speakers
- Led interior lighting in the floors wired to turn on when the door opens
- Home made wooden deck cover in the rear with a shelf for my soft top windows and a lockable drawer under that for anything.
- Banks Ram Cold Air Intake (sounds like a V8 now at 2500-3000 rpm :rock: )
- DIY Fender Cut

Things I have to install-
- homemade limb risers ( need to fab up some mounting brackets for the hood latch end)
- Alpine 10" subwoofer with Alpine MRP 500 amp

Build list into the spring-
- Aussie Lunch box locker for the front. (For my funds and what kind of wheeling I do i think a lunchbox locker will do good things for me, instead of saving up for a bigger axle) Install it myself
- ARB front Diff cover when I install the locker
- 35s in the spring

I'm sure I'm forgetting some things but thats the jist of it all.

jango

Here it is basically stock at morris mountain. had the rock rails and front bumper.
IMG_0255.JPG
Here she is now most recently at Gulches flexed out.
IMG_8300.JPG
rear end shot
IMG_7497.jpg
here is a shot of the deck cover i made. Its kind of a bad shot but you could got the idea. Ill post another pic this weekend of it with the tailgate open. Im adding an amp underneath it and some led strip lighting to see better underneath at night time.
IMG_7385.jpg

jango

Update for Jango:
- My PS diff cover and PS body armor and B pillar armor came back from getting powder coated.
- I was able to install the lower body armor over the weekend and it looks great. Going to do the B pillars soon. Need to get the appropriate burr bit i think? for the b pillar drilling.

One question I have is, I've seen on other threads that people have had issues fitting the PS bombshell diff cover on because of it hitting the trackbar or tie rod up front. Does anyone know if it will not fit on a stock setup?

I also still have the aussie locker staring at me in the basement waiting to be installed, but I've got to wait for some warmer weather to work under the jeep since Im living the no garage life //:'(//

will post pics soon

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
your diff cover will clear. the only thing that may hit is the SS bracket on the tie rod. you can rotate it and get it out of the way.

jango

Got the B-Pillar armor done on my so called "snow day" here in downtown Atlanta haha. Really should have had that carbide burr bit, but made do with the 25/64" bit and just worked slow getting the darn metal flange cut away to make room for the nutsert. Also ordered a set of lube lockers for my front D turdy and D44 rear. IMG_0204_2.jpg IMG_0203-1.jpg

jango

A while ago I bought some OTTRATW switches and just replaced them with the rugged ridge switches I had. Well I didn't wire them up for their full potential. You can have the text light up with the dash lights on, which of course gives me 10+ hp, so I completed that today. Looks really cool in the end.

In the first picture it shows the back of the switches and I just soldered a piece of solid wire across the ground terminals to use the existing ground wire from the light circuit.
IMG_0224.jpg
Second picture is where I tapped into the dash light wire behind the speedometer. And tapped another wire off to go down to a switch in the middle of the dash.
IMG_0225.jpg
Then i made a chain of terminals to power the lights
IMG_0226.jpg

and like magic they work!
IMG_0227.jpg IMG_0228.jpg

jango

Installed my Aussie Locker this week. Everything was pretty smooth for a first time opening up the diff and removing the carrier and the spider gears. Put in new axle seals, and new carrier pin, put on the PS diff cover as well as a new lube locker. Also added some synthetic oil. While my jeep was up on the lift I went ahead and moved my Evap over a couple inches to prevent any further driveshaft boot rips.

IMG_0306.jpg IMG_0325.jpg IMG_0326.jpg IMG_0334.jpg IMG_0339.jpg IMG_0341.jpg

jango

Since the locker was installed my jeep ran into some bad news... I got in an accident on ... April Fool's Day.. I was on the way to get my new 35" MTRs which is great news.. until someone ran a red light and hit me.. thats the bad news.

So a couple control arms were bent, a shock was blown, rim was bent, tire popped, andddd it bent my axle!! Super annoying!

jango

The good news. Decided to not put a D30 back under my jeep and with help of OscarMike2.0^ found a good deal on a Pro Rock 44 and am too excited!

I've got the pro rock 44 ordered to be built with RCV shafts, ARB locker for the front, free single ARB compressor, and 4.56 yukon gears are going to be put in as well.

ETA is 3 weeks!

jango

Here a pics of the wreck.
IMG_0582.jpg IMG_0592.jpg IMG_0587.jpg

The next pic was taken two hours later after my jeep took its first ride on a tow truck :grayno:
My 35s!!
IMG_0600.jpg

Since I've just been borrowing my fathers tool I was able to also salvage a Bluepoint toolbox to bring with me next year to college. Now I just need to fill it with tools...
IMG_0663.jpg

Top Bottom