Black Friday! Help me pick my Christmas present!

KingCopperhead

Title says it all. 400ish dollar budget.

Wife wants me to pick something for the jeep for Christmas. For once I'm undecided.

Considering the following.
Rock Krawler pro tie rod. (factory one is very slightly bent)
Adams 1310 front drive shaft. (I have a 2 door on 3" lift)
Strike force zebra grille mounted light bar (like cozdude runs)
Trek armor seat covers.
Evo rear corner skins (to prepare for the tire carrier someday)
Evo rear fascia with d rings. (factory bumper is shot)

Open to other suggestions. Also is the new switch panel from sema out yet? I'd like an spod alternative.

Some of these items are over 500 but the black Friday discounts get all of these items in my budget.

Last edited:

KingCopperhead

Great suggestions guys. Drive shaft is looking like the clear leader right now. I'm hesitant to pull the trigger on the evo fascia, because I want to see what their full bumper looks like. And the skins won't go on till spring.

The rest of the stuff is just random crap that I want but don't need.

KingCopperhead

This^^^^ deff do the front DS. Soon you will need the rear as well but the front is more important

Steve what's the difference between the two different u joint setups for the 1310 that Adams has on their website. I know you recently bought one.

Btw. Jeep is sick with the new gears. Thanks for the guidance on that purchase.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Steve what's the difference between the two different u joint setups for the 1310 that Adams has on their website. I know you recently bought one.

Btw. Jeep is sick with the new gears. Thanks for the guidance on that purchase.

Your welcome! Glad your enjoying them.

Solid splicers are just what it is, solid. There is no greasing of the joints involved and actually stronger than greaseable ones.

KingCopperhead

Your welcome! Glad your enjoying them.

Solid splicers are just what it is, solid. There is no greasing of the joints involved and actually stronger than greaseable ones.

Less expensive too. Any supplemental parts I need with this or is it a straight up bolt in. You know what I'm running so I'll spare the details.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Less expensive too. Any supplemental parts I need with this or is it a straight up bolt in. You know what I'm running so I'll spare the details.

It will bolt right up. Just give them a call and they will ask you for lengths. Since you are running a 44 now they will have all the measurements needed so it's easy.

KingCopperhead

It will bolt right up. Just give them a call and they will ask you for lengths. Since you are running a 44 now they will have all the measurements needed so it's easy.

Awesome. Looks like we have a winner boys. Thanks for the info Steve. Wtf am I gonna do when you're in the CG and can't be on here every day to help haha.

Happy Thanksgiving guys! Calling Adams tomorrow.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
If your planning 37's get a 1350. I would say the 1350 ($650ish) or the d rings and save the left over.

That's a good point. 1350 with solid u joints would be better even with you being a lighter 2 door. I believe the Adams shafts are $550ish

KingCopperhead

That puts it out of her budget.

(I can always buy myself one later, or just wait for my stocker to start slinging grease.)

37s are definitely part of my future plans maybe I should wait.

Is a 1310 a real gamble on tires that large?

Basically have till tomorrow to decide. Could go with something else in my list.

JKWrang

That puts it out of her budget.

(I can always buy myself one later, or just wait for my stocker to start slinging grease.)

37s are definitely part of my future plans maybe I should wait.

Is a 1310 a real gamble on tires that large?

Basically have till tomorrow to decide. Could go with something else in my list.

I dont think anyone would say "real gamble" but you wouldnt want to invest in a 1310 at those prices and have it break on you when the 1350 is better suited and not thay much more :yup:

I run a Adams 1310 on my jkur with solid u joints and have never had a problem and I have ran pretty much every hard trail in norcal . Adams themselfs will tell you that's all you need it you are never gonna go above 37's.

KingCopperhead

One question, if I go with the 1350, where does my "weak link" in the drive train go? Ring and pinion? (I know my factory d44 shafts are a weak spot as well but those will be replaced eventually) Is the clearance on the 1310 a consideration as well?

Maybe I should stay on 35s lol. Anyway guys lots to think about. I'm sure a lot of the 1310 vs 1350 stuff has been hashed out here so I'm gonna go do some googling.

I will be selling my Adams front shaft off my jkur in a few weeks because my front pr60 will be at my house soon and I will be going to 1350 and 40's.

bkac

Caught the Bug
One question, if I go with the 1350, where does my "weak link" in the drive train go? Ring and pinion? (I know my factory d44 shafts are a weak spot as well but those will be replaced eventually) Is the clearance on the 1310 a consideration as well?

Maybe I should stay on 35s lol. Anyway guys lots to think about. I'm sure a lot of the 1310 vs 1350 stuff has been hashed out here so I'm gonna go do some googling.

I'd stay with a 1310 vs a 1350 on a 44 with 35s, just my two cents

Top Bottom