Black Friday! Help me pick my Christmas present!

Panda

Sorry kingcopperhead I didn't mean to jump in front on Rick's offer but if you didn't want it I wanted to be next I've been searching for a used one, can't afford a new one right now

KingCopperhead

I'd stay with a 1310 vs a 1350 on a 44 with 35s, just my two cents

Seriously considering staying on 35s after our conversation yesterday. But that's a whole other debate! Thankfully my 35s only have 7k miles on em so I have time to wage that war in my head.

Pretty torn now that I'm reading, and my stock drive shaft is still fine after being at max droop several times on each of the trips I've been on. There's very valid points for the 1350 and the same can be said for the 1310

Maybe I should just get the Damn rear bumper fascia lmao. I really don't want her to spend 550+ on the jeep right now. My parts addiction is somewhat satisfied for the moment since I just got new axle and gears lol.

KingCopperhead

Sorry kingcopperhead I didn't mean to jump in front on Rick's offer but if you didn't want it I wanted to be next I've been searching for a used one, can't afford a new one right now

Panda it's cool bro! Grab it up! I don't mind buying a new one. I can't even decide which one I want haha.

Panda

Panda it's cool bro! Grab it up! I don't mind buying a new one. I can't even decide which one I want haha.

Hey thanks man! That's very cool of you :thumb: my stock one is shot after one trip to the rubicon being that I'm on 3 inch evo coils, wooohooo I got the shaft!!! Lol

KingCopperhead

Hey thanks man! That's very cool of you :thumb: my stock one is shot after one trip to the rubicon being that I'm on 3 inch evo coils, wooohooo I got the shaft!!! Lol

Woohoo I helped give someone the shaft on thanksgiving. Which is nice because I ate too much to give anyone the shaft personally.

I'm actually surprised that my shaft isn't messed up yet. I think the nifty limit straps that mopar puts on their lift kit are there precisely for that reason. I can't see any other use for limit straps on a basic coil lift. (after Coz and Eddie enlightened me last week as to what limit straps really do)

Anyway, enjoy the new (to you) shaft. I'm still glowing with joy from Bobby's 44 being under my jk with its new gears.

Spent the last hour or so reading 1310 vs 1350 threads.

This is what I'm coming up with in my head.

The 1310 will make a u joint my break point (easy repair) the 1350 makes my tcase, Trans, or r/p my breaking point. I'm running 4.88s in a d44 which is a pretty strong setup. Not really pushing it and no plans for 5.13 or 5.38s so how likely would a tcase or Trans failure be? I can fix a u joint, but I am in no way equipped to repair anything internal on my own.

That's really my only reservation about the 1350. Aside from me not wanting her to spend the money. May as well hash it out now before I really DO need a drive shaft and won't have time to make a decision.

Panda

Woohoo I helped give someone the shaft on thanksgiving. Which is nice because I ate too much to give anyone the shaft personally.

I'm actually surprised that my shaft isn't messed up yet. I think the nifty limit straps that mopar puts on their lift kit are there precisely for that reason. I can't see any other use for limit straps on a basic coil lift. (after Coz and Eddie enlightened me last week as to what limit straps really do)

Anyway, enjoy the new (to you) shaft. I'm still glowing with joy from Bobby's 44 being under my jk with its new gears.

Spent the last hour or so reading 1310 vs 1350 threads.

This is what I'm coming up with in my head.

The 1310 will make a u joint my break point (easy repair) the 1350 makes my tcase, Trans, or r/p my breaking point. I'm running 4.88s in a d44 which is a pretty strong setup. Not really pushing it and no plans for 5.13 or 5.38s so how likely would a tcase or Trans failure be? I can fix a u joint, but I am in no way equipped to repair anything internal on my own.

That's really my only reservation about the 1350. Aside from me not wanting her to spend the money. May as well hash it out now before I really DO need a drive shaft and won't have time to make a decision.

Haha! happy thanksgiving my friend, I think your right, when you get a new ds you could take the straps off and maybe get a lil more flex also better to play it safe that's why I'm not going to 37's you can do a lot on 35's with a 2 door and I'm glad Bobby's 44 went to a good home :thumb:

KingCopperhead

Haha! happy thanksgiving my friend, I think your right, when you get a new ds you could take the straps off and maybe get a lil more flex also better to play it safe that's why I'm not going to 37's you can do a lot on 35's with a 2 door and I'm glad Bobby's 44 went to a good home :thumb:

More flex makes me a happy Panda haha.

Have a great rest of your Thanksgiving. Mine ended an hour ago, now that everyone is asleep it's forum time. Might even throw in some Call of Duty,

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I run a Adams 1310 on my jkur with solid u joints and have never had a problem and I have ran pretty much every hard trail in norcal . Adams themselfs will tell you that's all you need it you are never gonna go above 37's.

I broke a 1310 on 35's and adams rebuilt my driveshaft. They asked if I wanted to just upgrade to a 1350.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Do you think it makes a difference between the front and the rear? I'm running a 1310 up front and a 1350 in the rear. It just so happened that way.

noroad

I dont think anyone would say "real gamble" but you wouldnt want to invest in a 1310 at those prices and have it break on you when the 1350 is better suited and not thay much more :yup:

strongly disagree with this!

I broke a 1310 on 35's and adams rebuilt my driveshaft. They asked if I wanted to just upgrade to a 1350.

This is true and will happen if in the right spot. Question i would ask is can you fix a blown R&P (if not east coast price is about 1000$ +/-), Can you install a drive shaft if broken? if so (basic hand tools) the cost is just that of a shaft maybe less if rebuild (maybe 400$). Also Talking with Adams he says that the 1310 will do fine up to 37s (everything breaks over time) as seen on overlanderJK's jeep. but i have both 1310 solid on 37s no problem to date.

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

This is true and will happen if in the right spot. Question i would ask is can you fix a blown R&P (if not east coast price is about 1000$ +/-), Can you install a drive shaft if broken? if so (basic hand tools) the cost is just that of a shaft maybe less if rebuild (maybe 400$). Also Talking with Adams he says that the 1310 will do fine up to 37s (everything breaks over time) as seen on overlanderJK's jeep. but i have both 1310 solid on 37s no problem to date.

So, just so I understand, this is the same type issue with the RCV shafts? You should have the weak point in an easy to trail-fix spot, Instead of the r&p.

noroad

So, just so I understand, this is the same type issue with the RCV shafts? You should have the weak point in an easy to trail-fix spot, Instead of the r&p.

yes, i would do chromoly Axle shafts with full c clips over rcvs.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

That driveshaft was brand new. I installed it a few weeks before that trip and hadn't wheeled it until then.

noroad

That driveshaft was brand new. I installed it a few weeks before that trip and hadn't wheeled it until then.

Ok, i get that, but on the trail would you rather a DS or R&P? Also that is very weird being the first time out, you sure you didnt install it wrong haha:cheesy:

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Ok, i get that, but on the trail would you rather a DS or R&P? Also that is very weird being the first time out, you sure you didnt install it wrong haha:cheesy:

I doubt I would break a R&P. I don't need to use full throttle out here while wheeling.

Top Bottom