The slow building of NoRdNdd

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
So we went out playin a week ago and this happened...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457391385.782815.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457391399.851704.jpg

Most of the water got in when I opened the door to get out and hook up the winch of my buddies jeep to my rear d rings.

I didn't get any water or anything in the motor and on the way home, I had this wicked vibration over 40 or so. Went and washed it that night. Next night we went to go get something to eat and the wife ran inside Little Ceasers to grab a pizza while I set in the jeep. The fan kicked on high and the vibration came back. Just when the fan was on high. So the next day I pulled the fan out. It looked fine, wasn't broke. Turned ok. No noise. Had some dirt/mud/sandy shit on it. So I washed it and put it back on. So far no more vibration. But the crap was everywhere as you can tell by these pics.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457391459.590322.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457391471.773073.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457391483.390124.jpg

Think the alternator got some in it also as it's making a bearing noise now.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457391889.059433.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457391897.341694.jpg

Carpet was soaked still several days later. So I pulled it out and that crap was under the carpet. Let it dry some more and I think I can vacuum it out now. Gonna do that and wash the outside. Then prob take the water hose very gently to the inside to get the rest of the floor clean. Then power wash the carpet and let it dry for a few days.

Oh the joy of cleaning up!

I'm a dumbass. But it was fun. I thought another guy got some pics of me actually stuck but I guess not.

Ddays

Hooked
Yuck :icon_crazy:

I know of a nice barn nearby that would be an awesome place to work on that Jeep... just sayin..:dont_know:

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Holy shit that does not look like it was fun to clean.

I haven't finished yet. [emoji24]

Yuck :icon_crazy:

I know of a nice barn nearby that would be an awesome place to work on that Jeep... just sayin..:dont_know:

The jeep will break it in someday. Lol. We don't have everything moved to it yet so most of my tools are at my house, in my two car garage. While it's nice to finally have a garage, it's not big enough. Lol. I'm hoping to build a 20x20 or 20x30 in my back yard but got to clear out some stuff first and get the funds for it. So it will be a while. Another option is my buddy is lookin for a new place with a shop or space to build. I told him to do that and I'll buy the lift. Lol.

BamBamDeer

So we went out playin a week ago and this happened...

View attachment 191811

View attachment 191812

Most of the water got in when I opened the door to get out and hook up the winch of my buddies jeep to my rear d rings.

I didn't get any water or anything in the motor and on the way home, I had this wicked vibration over 40 or so. Went and washed it that night. Next night we went to go get something to eat and the wife ran inside Little Ceasers to grab a pizza while I set in the jeep. The fan kicked on high and the vibration came back. Just when the fan was on high. So the next day I pulled the fan out. It looked fine, wasn't broke. Turned ok. No noise. Had some dirt/mud/sandy shit on it. So I washed it and put it back on. So far no more vibration. But the crap was everywhere as you can tell by these pics.

View attachment 191813

View attachment 191814

View attachment 191815

Think the alternator got some in it also as it's making a bearing noise now.

View attachment 191816

View attachment 191818

Carpet was soaked still several days later. So I pulled it out and that crap was under the carpet. Let it dry some more and I think I can vacuum it out now. Gonna do that and wash the outside. Then prob take the water hose very gently to the inside to get the rest of the floor clean. Then power wash the carpet and let it dry for a few days.

Oh the joy of cleaning up!

I'm a dumbass. But it was fun. I thought another guy got some pics of me actually stuck but I guess not.

This is the type of Project tailor made for my two Beautiful Daughters. It's a tough way to earn Gas Money....but hey....as long as Dad is in charge and I keep them working....my Rig stays clean. They usually manage to soak me down pretty good too!

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
This is the type of Project tailor made for my two Beautiful Daughters. It's a tough way to earn Gas Money....but hey....as long as Dad is in charge and I keep them working....my Rig stays clean. They usually manage to soak me down pretty good too!

Do you rent them out? I still haven't cleaned it. LOL.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460118111.405813.jpg

First day for NoRdNdd to be naked in 2016. Was still a little chilly on the ride to work, but I enjoyed every minute of it.

I pulled the seats out and I'm taking off at noon today, going to try to clean the floorboard out really good finally. The sand went everywhere it seems.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460159766.180942.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460159785.996834.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460159801.648095.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1460159862.037312.jpg

Had a fun day of cleaning out the jeep finally. Once I got everything out of it, it wasn't that bad. I used a soft bristled paint brush and the water hose and got most of the dirt cleaned out of it. I then cleaned all the plastic trim, the center console, and the dash. Still need to clean the seats and the carpet. Went ahead and put the seats back in it in case we needed to take it somewhere. Might try to clean the carpet and seats tomorrow depending on what else we are doing.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Damn. Looks good. Good time to add some Bedliner...

I'm debating it.

Nordndd is looking sexy naked :)

I love it naked. I need to get something made or bought to take the hard top on and off by myself and something to hang the doors on or set them on.

Ahhh. I opened this post expecting to see something else. :grayno:

;) haha

(Ten characters)

Trust me, it will only ever be the jeep naked in this thread. Nobody wants to see my fatass naked. Lol.

Napalm

I'm debating it.

I love it naked. I need to get something made or bought to take the hard top on and off by myself and something to hang the doors on or set them on.

Trust me, it will only ever be the jeep naked in this thread. Nobody wants to see my fatass naked. Lol.

That was one of the reasons I went for a TrekTop. I couldn't pull the hardtop off on my own and my wife's arms are too short to wrap around it. I tried numerous things to remove it and none of them worked safely.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Not much has been goin on with the jeep lately. Been dumping money into some other things, bills mostly.

Worked more overtime than usual last pay period so I just ordered some of the Rugged Ridge quick disconnect mirrors and the Rock Hard plate relocate with ORO light kit.

I have debated about mirrors for a long time. I was set on the Di Tech brackets and was gonna buy another set of mirrors to just leave on the brackets. I still think those are a solid set up and I still really like them. I went with the Rugged Ridge ones though because I want to add some of the Rancho tube doors at some point and quite possibly the Bestop two piece doors. So with the Di Tech brackets mounting in the top hinge, they would only work if the jeep was completely doorless. I also went with the RR ones because of the quick disconnect feature. After watching countless offroad videos and really studying peoples mirrors, I liked the RR ones the best. I only hope that if/when I get the Bestop two piece doors, the pass side mirror will be usable. It looks like with doors off, it will be fine. I will simply remove them when I put my full doors back on also so that's not an issue.

We keep getting rain (not that I'm complaining) so I haven't had a chance to remove the top and doors much. Hoping to this weekend.

The soft top purchase has been pushed back due to $$. I was gonna use part of our federal tax return but we owed state and they took the federal return to pay it. Which sucks cause we already had it spent but it's also good cause now we don't owe state anymore and that will free up a payment we were making to them each month. So that's nice also. I'm also debating about just getting the regular non twill version instead of the twill version as I have been debating about the two piece soft doors also. That way it will all match. So it might be a plus that I haven't bought the top yet.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1465263308.200005.jpg

Got the tag relocate installed. Just need to wire up the 3rd brake light and tag light. Got the mirrors installed but haven't taken a pic of those yet. Lol.

Been lookin and thinkin about hard top removal and storage ideas. Been thinkin about building a cart deal for the top and the doors. Which will work fine but still leaves the issue of removal. The wife can't help so I would have to get some help. Which wouldn't be a big deal if I had a soft top. So I'm still debating about which direction to go with removal. We shall see.

Ddays

Hooked
Which will work fine but still leaves the issue of removal. The wife can't help so I would have to get some help. QUOTE]

Frustrating isn't it? I run into the same issue. I either leave the top on & take off the freedom panels & doors or get help taking the top off & leaving it off for weeks but not able to drive it half the time. Those hoists are ridiculously priced but I'm considering one...

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Which will work fine but still leaves the issue of removal. The wife can't help so I would have to get some help. QUOTE]

Frustrating isn't it? I run into the same issue. I either leave the top on & take off the freedom panels & doors or get help taking the top off & leaving it off for weeks but not able to drive it half the time. Those hoists are ridiculously priced but I'm considering one...

You can build them cheaper also if you don't want to order one. My boss built his for less than $100 and it's way over kill for just the top but he just bought what Lowes had in stock. The plan is to get a Trektop NX soon so I can't decide if I want the top hangin from the ceiling for most of the year or build some sort of cart and push it back against the wall of the garage out of the way more. The hoist would let me take the top off by myself where I would need help with the cart. However, if I run a soft top most of the time then the cart deal would be fine as I wouldn't be going on and off with the hard top all the time. So if I got a buddy to help a few times a year it might not be bad.

Top Bottom