The slow building of NoRdNdd

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Same here.. Except the weather sucks! Been dodging rain since yesterday morning.

I've been running topless for about a month now. I leave the doors on usually as the only place I currently have to put them is on the garage floor right where I park. So if they come off, it's usually only for a day. I've had to have the wife take me to work a day or two due to rain or a chance of rain. I really need to figure out a top situation.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1471046434.379783.jpg

Well not really jeep related but a Stihl FS90r still in the box will fit in the jeep with the pass side of the 2nd row folded down and wedged between the front seats some. This is the first weedeater I've ever bought. I've always just borrowed my parents. Now we live 5 miles apart and I would have to borrow their truck to get it home or put it in the jeep which I don't want to do. So I just bought one finally.

Azzi

Good for you!! You'll NEVER buy another! I have a few Stihl FS 72 75 80 85X and 90's. And I'll never own any other brand.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Good for you!! You'll NEVER buy another! I have a few Stihl FS 72 75 80 85X and 90's. And I'll never own any other brand.

Didn't mean to hijack..... Sorry

No worries. [emoji106]

My parents have an echo that is probably 20 years old or close to it. It also has a bent shaft from something falling on it, has cut many of cedar trees down with a blade, and is still going strong. So I knew I wanted a Stihl or Echo. I've been looking at buying a mower, weedeater, edger, blower, and trailer and going John Deere on the mower. They sell Stihl so it just made since.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1472577604.984766.jpg

Took this the other day. Nothing new. Just been busy workin. This pic really didn't do the jeep justice. It was lookin good settin there.

Very nice clean build on your rig man. I am digging it! Be careful of the hi-lift on the hood...with rain, mine dripped some rust on my hood when I had mine mounted there. Since then, I've moved it to my spare, but just a heads up.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Very nice clean build on your rig man. I am digging it! Be careful of the hi-lift on the hood...with rain, mine dripped some rust on my hood when I had mine mounted there. Since then, I've moved it to my spare, but just a heads up.

Oh I know. I've cleaned it up several times. Now it sets in a garage when I'm at home so it has slowed it down some.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1476282415.273268.jpg

Well nothing for the jeep lately, though I'm fixin to order some stuff for it. I purchased this frame with one tons. Plan is to put the one tons under the burban. Get it back on the road. Then sell the one tons I got (was a dually front that would need converted to single wheel) or possibly start working on them. And find a full size Chevy cab to set on this k5 blazer frame to build a toy out of.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Got a few things ordered for the jeep. One of which is a soft top, I can hardly wait for it's arrival. It's about time I got it ordered.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Which one did you end up going with? I've been kicking one around as well...

Trek top nx non twill version. Not that it's a big chunk but buy it before the end of the month and there is a $50 mail in rebate through Bestop.

I was debating about the twill version for the thicker material but the price was more and I am debating about the two piece soft doors at some point, they match the cheaper version but not the twill since the twill is a darker black.

Ddays

Hooked
Trek top nx non twill version. Not that it's a big chunk but buy it before the end of the month and there is a $50 mail in rebate through Bestop.

I was debating about the twill version for the thicker material but the price was more and I am debating about the two piece soft doors at some point, they match the cheaper version but not the twill since the twill is a darker black.

I think when I do bite the bullet i'll do the same thing top wise cause this will only be a 4 month top for me. the rest will be the hard top. Damn Pa weather.
Hope you post up a bunch of photos when you do the install. Curious how the process goes being that you have the hard top now.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I think when I do bite the bullet i'll do the same thing top wise cause this will only be a 4 month top for me. the rest will be the hard top. Damn Pa weather.
Hope you post up a bunch of photos when you do the install. Curious how the process goes being that you have the hard top now.

Yeah I'm gonna try to run the soft top year round and see how it goes. I may even sell the hard top after a year or so. We shall see.

Install shouldn't be too bad really. I'll definitely try to post some pics. Bestop has some great videos though showing the install of most of their tops on YouTube. I've been watching them. Lol. I've watched the four door install so many times I feel like I can do it blindfolded now.

Top Bottom