Waste Of Money Mods Thread

rich67

Caught the Bug
Is there any particular product that Shitty makes that you can be more specific on?
As the OP mentioned it shouldn't be a manufacturer bash session but more a buyer beware.
As I have a couple of Shittybuilt products on my Jeep I was curious if you have a story on why not to run a specific product instead of just saying none at all?

I personally have a Smitty XRC 9500 comp winch and love it. Tested it out in the field the other day (made-up recovery situation on a small hill with a ledge) and it works just fine for me. But, I have purchased other Smitty products and was VERY disappointed: the bikini top for the JKU is terrible...has plastic hooks that bend during the install and nearly broke off--I couldn't cinch the top tight enough to prevent bowing and flapping. Bought the Quadratec brand and it was 100 times better.
It depends on what you plan on using your Jeep for. I do some light off-roading-nothing like the stuff featured on the JKX- so the winch is just fine to yank me or a buddy out of some mud or a tight spot. I will most likely get some Smitty rocker guards (again, Florida use) since I don't rock crawl. But once I relocate out west, I plan on keeping my Jeep as a secondary vehicle and want to build it up. I'll be going with EVO sliders and a Warn at that point, but wanted to keep the budget low on my current build.
Oh...and to add to the original topic: those headlights with the LED halo rings around them that look like they belong on a BMW.

sjd78

Axle sleeves.... Trusses

Not quite the bang for your buck...

I'll second this! Unless you like warped axle housings or are just looking for an excuse to upgrade to a PR44 because you'll need one after installing axle sleeves and a truss.

trailraider

zombie hunter decals.

please stop putting these on your Jeeps. it's embarassing as a Jeep owner to see it.:icon_crazy:

Sheaffadelic

Caught the Bug
I made the huge mistake of getting a smittybilt fb.... It's rusting out after a year and I've emailed them atleast 10 times about it. And when they tell me to send pictures in I do and now it's been 2 weeks with no response. Customer service is shit and I just want my money back to buy a new one... It's ridiculous

Top Bottom