Waste Of Money Mods Thread

olram30

Not That Kind of Engineer
I personally think a thimble or a prolink makes wincing easier. I have a arb tree strap and the ends don't fit on a regular hook.

I have the same bumper and dont see how that would block the fog light if you let out enough slack or made it tight enough that it didnt hang at all:thinking::thinking:

Blocking....

P1010286.JPG

Why not just wrap it around the center of your light bar/stinger/bull bar thing?

I thought about this but being in Ohio, I have a front plate. (You can see the brackets for the WP mount on the hawse.) When the plate was on the cable touched the plate and I worried about chafing. (No one likes chafing :grayno: )

.... Anyway I was only saying that there is a possible decent reason to use a pro/flat link... Jeesh! :naw:

olram30

I thought about this but being in Ohio, I have a front plate. (You can see the brackets for the WP mount on the hawse.) When the plate was on the cable touched the plate and I worried about chafing. (No one likes chafing :grayno: )

.... Anyway I was only saying that there is a possible decent reason to use a pro/flat link... Jeesh! :naw:

I agree, I have a front plate also. I like mine. Tough crowd on this thread

Attachments

• 1422474734216.jpg
    1422474734216.jpg
    80.7 KB · Views: 215

MR.Ty

Token East Coast Guy

Fair enough, but in my defence I didn't notice the brackets because I was too distracted by the neon blue! :shock: :cheesy:
But with that reasoning I can understand why you have it/want it. :yup:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I wish I could just get my money back

why not sell the new un-rusty one and run a stock stubby while you save for another?

Waste of money mods...Yukon rear axle shafts (they bend easy), grab handles (never used them really), bushwacker flats (awesome product if you want a little more clearance and the look they offer over oem cut)

olram30

Common thinking that grade 8 is stronger than grade 5.
Not the case and the real answer to which is stronger or not is clearly...

Well it depends.

http://www.shotpeener.com/library/pdf/1944000.pdf

Sorry I know way off topic but the grade 8 debate always grabs my attention.

I don't really know. But warn recommends grade 5 or better. I don't really know the debate personally. If I went to the hardware store to buy bolts, they would be grade 8. I even used grade 8 for my license plate.

Attachments

• 1422479506514.jpg
    1422479506514.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 221

JK_Dave

Caught the Bug
Common thinking that grade 8 is stronger than grade 5.
Not the case and the real answer to which is stronger or not is clearly...

Well it depends.

http://www.shotpeener.com/library/pdf/1944000.pdf

Sorry I know way off topic but the grade 8 debate always grabs my attention.

Ugh, my ADHD will not allow me to read this. :icon_crazy:

Avoiding any type of technical explanation for my avoidance of this thing, I do not like the thought of taking one of the Grade 8 bolts my winch came with and replacing it with one Grade 5 bolt. Some engineer with much more knowledge than me gave me that Grade 8 bolt for a reason.

If it had come with all Grade 5 hardware, I'd have no issues running this Factor 55 replacement. :yup:

olram30

Ugh, my ADHD will not allow me to read this. :icon_crazy:

Avoiding any type of technical explanation for my avoidance of this thing, I do not like the thought of taking one of the Grade 8 bolts my winch came with and replacing it with one Grade 5 bolt. Some engineer with much more knowledge than me gave me that Grade 8 bolt for a reason.

If it had come with all Grade 5 hardware, I'd have no issues running this Factor 55 replacement. :yup:

Warn includes grade 5.

Top Bottom