Best motor oil/filter

P1TBU11

I'm sure this has been discussed thoroughly, but I'm having no luck finding it with the search function. Can somebody post a link.

I'm really wondering the difference in the synthetics. Is Royal Purple worth the price compared to the others?

relayer4u

Is Royal Purple worth the price compared to the others?

No it is not.

Mobil 1 or Pennzoil (Shell's US products) are all you need to have the best oil protection available today.
Also choose a quality oil filter like Wix or Mobil 1 or Mopar, change your oil & filter on the schedule best related to how you use your Jeep and your engine will live a long and happy life.

:beer:

Last edited:

aermotor

I typically run Mobile 1 and K&N but tried the overly expensive Royal Purple this time for some reason...

xx-LSD-xx

Mobil 1 Synthetic / OEM filters
I've tried Royal Purple Motor oil don't waste your money Mobile 1 is better. Royal Purple Diff oil on the other hand is great stuff.

ClarksAdventures

I normally run mobile 1 but I'm gonna try the pennzoil platinum plus oil next

Does anybody notice any performance differences by going synthetic? Like mileage, power, cooler engine temps or anything? Or is it more of a long term investment a healthy engine to will go a few hindrance thousand miles?

xrocknrollx

Does anybody notice any performance differences by going synthetic? Like mileage, power, cooler engine temps or anything? Or is it more of a long term investment a healthy engine to will go a few hindrance thousand miles?

You will not see any difference with engine temps or power, at least I never did. For me it's the fact that synthetic does not break down as fast as conventional and it's still cheaper to do a full synthetic change myself than go and get it done with conventional. I even run syn on my 49 willys that has a Buick v6 in it with 120k miles on the motor.

AJK

You have to watch out just because it says it's a synthetic doesn't mean it's a true synthetic. Oil company's like to claim their oil is a synthetic when it is actually petroleum base. Pennzoil and Royal Purple are such oils. I don't care what you use just make sure you know what you're truly getting. I use Amsoil and Amsoil filters I've used them for years and from the research I've done it's the best on the market made 100% in the U.S.A. It's one of few true 100% synthetics on the market another one is Mobile 1 which would be my second choice. As far as filters go first choice would be Amsoil their filters are a 4 micron filter. Next would be Royal purple, Wix, Purolator pure one. Last would be Fram or K&N they are below average at best.

JRied

I use the mobile 1 synthetic oil rated for 15,000 miles before change but I change it every 6,000 just incase its not as good as advertised lol

AJK

Is it the weight, or compounds? I've never heard this before.

Mobile has just not completed Chrysler's 2 year field test. I'm sure it will have no problems passing the test judging by the list of oils approved.

Best thing to do if you ever have an engine failure under warranty no matter what oil or change interval your doing is to get a sample of your oil and send it to a lab for analysis. This will cover your ass.

07JKSahara

Mobile has just not completed Chrysler's 2 year field test. I'm sure it will have no problems passing the test judging by the list of oils approved.

Best thing to do if you ever have an engine failure under warranty no matter what oil or change interval your doing is to get a sample of your oil and send it to a lab for analysis. This will cover your ass.

Thanks...

I'm so far from warranty they'd laugh at me even if I had NASA do the analysis.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Thanks...

I'm so far from warranty they'd laugh at me even if I had NASA do the analysis.

What he said. It just hasn't passed the field test yet.

Top Bottom